Sunday, March 04, 2012

all about the paper...

Good morning everyone are you having a fantastic weekend?...anything exciting happening?, I would love to know what you thought of the Sugar Nellie two day hop and which is your favourite new stamp...now I need an aaaaaawwwwwwww from you all, I didn't even get through to the next round of the Graphic45 call, but then it was a massive long shot going in for it, its mainly a scrapbooking DT I think and I don't scrapbook so I'm not disappointed at all and dont take things like that personally, there are many reasons to pick someone for a DT and I just didnt fit this one...I have fabulous news about my wonderful Dad, he got his appointment for his eye measuring would you believe the end of May and was told it would take at least 4 months after that for his operation appointment so we all had a good talk and decided he should have it done in a private hospital, he has an appointment on Tuesday and all being well his operation will be 29th March, wow how fast is that...I am so so excited for him he has been really struggling bless him, hes an avid reader, in fact I have always said its a good thing toilet paper doesn't have writing on it or we will never get him out of the loo, but he has been struggling the last few months to see to read...that will all be behind him this time next month and I cant wait for him to be able to drive again so we can be off on our jaunts together, we have both missed them so much, so keep your fingers crossed everything goes smoothly for him...right now onto my card for today which is using this fabulous Some Odd Girl image called Sweet Kaylee, I bought her ages and ages ago and looked for the link to her but cant find it in their shop...I coloured her with distress inks and used a half sheet of an amazingly coloured double sided Basicgrey Marjolaine collection paper called Mint Fudge, isn't that a fabulous name and it really suits the paper perfectly doesn't it, I let the paper dictate the sketch as the large flowers are cut from the reverse and I punched more flowers from the paper, all I needed to add was some lush coloured buttons (and no I didn't swallow any lol)...I'm entering this for the CES challenge, Delightful Challenge and the One Stop Craft challenge, I have been so so busy lately I haven't had any blog hopping time but I will tonight so I cant wait to see what you have all been up to...we are taking my Dad to town today for a little mooch and maybe a spot of lunch...whatever your doing I hope its a good day for you
Mina xxx
distress ink colours used
skin - antique linen, frayed burlap, tattered rose
hair - antique linen
skirt & hairslides - faded jeans
shoes, bag & top - shabby shutters
shading - pumice stone

36 comments:

CRAZYCRAFTSHED said...

Hi Mina
A gorgeous card and love the image and paper's
Hugs Dianne xx :)

Chrissy said...

Superb blond hair Mina..just gorgeous, fabulous image and love the papers.
So glad things are moving for your dear Dad...

Luv CHRISSYxx

Christina - Pieces of Dreams said...

Hi Mina, this is so pretty. I love the buttons. Hugs Chris x

Unknown said...

It look s so nice, i like this pastellcolor

Jolara said...

so lovely ! hugs Joyce

Sandy said...

Great news for your Dad, hope all goes well. Your card is lovely, fab paper and such a sweet image, love your colouring!
Sandy

Jacqueline (Sjakkie) said...

Beuatiful! Lovely image and wonderful colours.
Hugs Jacqueline

ribenaruby said...

Wowweeee Mina, this is super great, yummylicious!!! She's a cutie pie and that paper reminds me of choc chip icecream...you've done the right thing going private with your dad and he can enjoy what he likes doing sooner rather than later. Take care Mina and have a fab Sunday. Ruby x

My'scardcorner said...

Such a cutie Mina and the paper and flowers accent her perfectly. Good news about your Dad and hope all goes well and he gets his independence back Enjoy your Sunday.
Myrax

mags said...

Lovely card Mina. Great image and love the soft colours and papers used. Great news about your Dad, hope all goes well for him.
Mags
x

Margreet said...

Gorgeous card Mina....lovely coloring and those flowers are super!
xxx Margreet

coops said...

gorgeous card mina.your colours and paper are lush and i love the fab image ;D
great news for your dad hun, i have everything crossed for his op.

xx coops xx

Sue said...

Lovely fresh card Mina,glad your Dad will soon get sorted.
Hugs Sue x

Juls said...

fabby and funky, I just LOVE it!!! Hugs Juls

Anonymous said...

Hello Mina,

What a beautiful card!

What a fantastic news about your father!

applejack cards by sue said...

Mornin' Mina, such good news about your dad. This is a wonderful card. Such a sweet image, beautifully coloured.

Tammy said...

Wonderful news for your dad! Will keep him in my thoughts and prayers! Fabulous card, love the background papers, perfect for the sweet image.

Marion said...

Hi Mina,
Another gorgeous card and a sweet image. Fabby paper flower buttons.
Hope you have a lovely lunch in town.
hugs
Marion

arjette said...

Beautiful card Mina!!! That image is soooo sweet!!!

gr. arjette.

Unknown said...

Hi Mina, your card looks so good and so original! Great, I love it.
Hugs Ageeth

Mau xx said...

What a fab Spring card, so cheerful on this wet horrid day, love the sweet image.
My lumps of sugar were the new Pips and Hedgehogs,,although I don't normally go for animal stamps.
Shame about DT post :( but Thrilled about your Dad, hope it goes extra smooth and you are soon out and about together and putting this crazy world to rights xxxxx

Crafty Loops said...

Thats great news for your Dad Mina, I hope all goes well. This card is so beautiful, I love the image. Lee x

Poppet said...

Gorgeous card Mina, I love Kaylee's blond hair. She looks very Summery. :-) xx

Naomi Johnson said...

Great news about your dad. So pleased for him (and you) - fingers crossed it all goes smoothly. Love the card - and the paper....now where have I seen it before? oh yeah! my latest project! lol!

Debbie said...

What a real cutie.Beautiful card Mina, love the papers and the flowers too.What a lovely close family you are.Found it very touching.Family is important and I hope your Dad goes on okay.Big hugs to you.Love Debbie x

debby4000 said...

so cute Mina
luv
Debby

Marguerite said...

Oh so cute.
Groetjes Marguerite

CraftyC said...

Beautiful card Mina, pretty colours on this
Clairexx

Riet said...

What a beautiful cards Mina.

Hugs Riet.xx

Alyce Kit and Clowder said...

Mina this is super gorgeous - I love her!! Love your gorgeous colouring and those flowers :) Thanks for your lovely comments on my blog..I love your work and am now a follower :D

Rufus said...

Great news about your darling Dad! Please keep us posted, wonder if he knows how many of us have "adopted" him?! LOL. As for the Graphic 45 call, oh well, it's their loss! Very smart of you not to take it personally. Hope you had a great day,
R/

June Nelson said...

Fabby news abotu your dad hunny, Ilove this card and its so clever how you have done those papers love the idea xxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Andrea C said...

Great idea with the flowers xx

Shell Shearer Swinscoe said...

Great card, love the colours & those flowers are great!

Thank you for sharing with us at CES Challenge & Delightful Challenges this week, good luck!
Hugs Shell xx

Francesca said...

What a delightful creation
Thanks for joining our button it challenge over at One stop craft
Hugs
Francesca

Craftin Suzie (Susan Wykes) said...

What a beautiful card Mina I love the flowers on it too! Thanks for joining us this week at Delightful Challenges hugs Susan x

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...