Monday, March 05, 2012

all good plans...

Good morning everyone I hope you all had a fantastic weekend...as you can guess from the title things didn't quite go to plan yesterday, we went to collect my lovely Dad and he was hacking and coughing, I don't know if I have mentioned it but he has COPD so a cough like that usually means a chest infection at best...so we spent a load of the afternoon ringing Doctors and getting prescriptions then hunting down a chemist to get it filled, so lunch in the Town just didn't happen but the important thing is he is sorted and can still go for his appointment on Tuesday...so my wonderful Phil has taken him to Belfast very early this morning and he will be away for most of the week I think as my other Sister from England is there visiting too...I had a lovely few hours hopping around your blogs last night and plan on doing loads more tonight too...I have been a shockingly bad blogger lately but the days just seem to fly past...I still cant believe its March already it only seems five minuets since Christmas doesn't it...anyway onto my card for today which is for our new challenge at The Pretty Little Ribbon Shop challenge and this month its my choice of theme and I chose Spring Colours...I love the soft gentle colours of Spring don't you and they always make a card look so fresh, so dig out all those lush coloured spring papers and I cant wait to see what you all come up with...I used this amazing new release digi from Crafts and Me, shes called Cali Girl and I coloured her with distress inks...the fantastic papers are one of my latest buys from Bunny Zoe's Crafts, they are from the My Mind's Eye Miss Caroline - Howdy Doody 6x6 Pad, how lush are they...the ribbon is of course from the Pretty Little Ribbon Shop and is Sheer Elegance 25mm - Pink, isn't it so soft and beautiful, I also used some Leaf Trim - Olive Green but cut the leaves out and used them with some beautiful roses to finish the sketch is from The Sweet Stop and I'm also entering it for the Simon Says Stamp challenge and Cardmadfairys digi challenge...I'm off out to Town on my own today as I didn't get a chance to do the shopping I needed yesterday and you never know might even get a bit of crafting done this afternoon too...whatever your up to today I hope it goes to plan and if you have time pop on over to The Pretty Little Ribbon Shop challenge blog to have a lot at the lush work from the rest of the team
Mina xxx
distress ink colours used
skin - antique linen, frayed burlap, tattered rose
hair - antique linen
dress - Victorian Velvet, Evergreen boughs
eyes - evergreen boughs

51 comments:

Inkypinkydelights said...

Oh Mina this is lovely! I love the colours, your papers and the image are great! What a lovely card you has made! Judy x

Jacqueline (Sjakkie) said...

Beautiful card, what a great image and your colouring is wonderful!
Hugs Jacqueline

ribenaruby said...

Oh Mina, I hope you caught your dads chest infection right on time...aren't thy just annoying! Many thanks for coming over, truly appreciated, Your springy card is just wonderful and what a pretty image, lovely to see on a Monday morning. Have a super day. Ruby x

Christine L said...

Hi Mina

Sorry to hear that your Dad's poorly.... I hope the meds sort him out in no time! Particularly in time for his eye op!

Absolutely LOVE this new image and just GOT TO have her!! Your card, as always, is stunning!

Hugs
Christine x

Colinda said...

Beautiful card! Love the ribbon and the coloring of her skin is superb!!! Enjoy your shopping, Colinda

Craftin Suzie (Susan Wykes) said...

Mina this card is so pretty and you have coloured that gorgeous image perfectly! Hope your Dad responds to the meds xx

Alyce Kit and Clowder said...

Hi Mina! This is so beautiful...love that image and your beautiful colouring! Hope your dad feels better soon :)

Jessica said...

What a beautiful card Mina!
Love the colours.

Thank you for your kind words in my blog!!

Hugss Jessica

Chrissy said...

Will you look at that beautiful blond hair and those stunning eyes...gorgeous Mina, a fabulous card.[hope your Dad gets well soon..]

Luv CHRISSYxx

June Nelson said...

So beautiful Mina, enjoy your shopping and I hope your dad is ok, mine has copd too, xxx

Marie-Louise said...

Beautiful card. Fantastic digi image and great backing papers. As always your colouring is superb.

Eret said...

I shouldn't be amazed anymore but your coloring is absolutely stunning!
My warmest wishes to you and your dad.
Eret xx

My'scardcorner said...

She is beautiful Mina and youve coloured her beautifully and the papers and flowers go so well. Glad you got Dad sorme help my hubby has that so know how careful you have to be.
Myrax

cats whiskers said...

Hi Hun so sorry to here about your Dad, it is a worry isn't it, hope all goes well with him. Love Love this beautiful card and your colouring is just perfect dear
Huggles
Jacs xxxx

Andrea C said...

This is stunning, so pretty x

Jackie said...

What a delightful selection of cards since my last visit :o)
I am so pleased that you Dad is on the mend now.....hugs
Jackie xx

Crea Astrid said...

What a beautiful card. The stamp is so lovely and nice coloring.

Hugs Astrid.
http://creaastrid.blogspot.com/

nnalorac said...

So Pretty Mina, gorgeous image, fab colouring and lovely everything lol. Carolxx

sara said...

oooh mina this is so pretty i love that image she is next on my list to get coloured !! wish you hadnt used thos papers tho i keep looking at them and telling myself i dont need them now i can see i do !!!!! beautiful card
hugs sara x x x

Teresa said...

Oh wow Mina this is stunning! xx

debby4000 said...

Gorgeous card Mina, beautiful colouring.
luv
Debby

Mona`s Bittelille Scrappekrok said...

This is absolutely stunning, Mina! Love the soft colours. I just fell in love with the same image, lol. Hugs...Mona

Denise said...

This is gorgeous. Love how you have coloured that image - wish I could get those kind of results with DI.
Hugs
Denise xx

cheryl said...

oh Hun so sorry to hear,your dad is not well Hun hope he improves soon,as for your card hun wow its just gorgeous adore that image and those papers are lush,hugs Cherylx

Carla S. said...

Sorry to hear your Dad started feeling poorly, Mina. Hope you caught it quickly and he is feeling better very soon. Your card is absolutely gorgeous! I love the image and your soft coloring! Beautiful papers!

Unknown said...

Hi Mina, this card is totally stunning. LOvet he image and love the DP you picked. Hugs, Frea

Lau W said...

Oh i have this stamp, it's my fav of the new digis ! Your card is sweet, so soft, romantic !
xxx

nessy said...

stunning card mina and such pretty papers and sweet details!!
hope your dad is feeling better!
vanessa xx

Sue said...

Stunning card Mina.Hope your Dads cough settles down soon.
Hugs Sue x

Ann said...

Beautiful card Mina. I looked for your name when Graphic 45 released their list of the first 30 finalist the other day. So sorry to see you didn't make it. I know you would have done them proud.

Jo said...

Stunning!!Fab image and papers.Hope your Dad's on the mend.
Jo x

Juls said...

soft beautiful and mystical Love it!!! Hugs Juls

Sue said...

Hi hun
wowzer as ever a totally gorgeous card, awesome colouring, beautiful papers & embelies, sue,x

coops said...

oh wow.i love this mina.she is a stunning image and gorgeous pretty colours and design ;D

xx coops xx

Annie said...

Beautiful card! Love the colours, layout and how you've decorated it!

Hugs Ann x

mags said...

Stunning card Mina. Such a lovely image and some lovely papers used. Great layout.
Mags
x

Bernie said...

Must say with your history I held my breath when I saw all the lovely buttons on your previous card. :) This card is stunning! Gorgeous image superbly colored. The papers, ribbon and flowers are to die for.
So happy your Dear Dad wont have to wait so long for his surgery. My DH has COPD, emphysema and asthma. Thanks to his meds he got cataracts too and the surgeries done last year. Poor guy isn’t doing well. ATM we are waiting on CAT scan and a host of other test results to see if he can be made more comfortable. Praying your Dad will soon be feeling well.
Blessings Bernie

Elizabeth said...

Amazing coloring!

Monika/Buzsy said...

What a lovely card Mina. That image is beautiful and the coloring is amazing. The papers and pretty flowers are perfect. Thank you for playing along with us at The Sweet Stop this week. :o)

Sherri said...

Such a beautiful card, Mina. I'm sorry you Dad is not feeling well & hope he is going to spring back in no time! We always worry about them when they get older, don't we?

Cheryl said...

Hi Mina, your card today is gorgeous! and your image is beautiful. Glad your Dad is ok now .
Hugs Cheryl

Rufus said...

OMG, Mina this is gorgeous!!! That hair is incredible. Sorry to hear that your darling Dad isn't at his best, but glad you got him sorted out and off on his trip.
R/

lalkygirl said...

hi mina
I hope you caught your dad's chest infection in time and that he is off enjoying his trip
what a stunning card ,your colouring is sublime and the papers are so pretty.thanks for joining us at cardmadfairy's digi days and good luck
tracey x

Kjersti said...

A lovely card in gorgeous colours!
Hugs:)

Sheila said...

Amazing card - so fresh and crisp looking and that image is divine. May need to get my credit card out ha ha! Thanks so much for joining us at Cardmadfairy's Digi Days and good luck with all them challenges, Sheila:)X

Jenni said...

Beautiful card Mina, love that great image and the pretty papers you've chosen.
Jenni x

Unknown said...

Mina a stunning card
Hugs Elaine

Chrissy D said...

Ohhh I want eyelashes like hers!!!! LOL Gorgeous card - love the image! Thank you for joining us in the Sweet Stop Sketch! Have a great week!

Chrissy D said...

Ohhh I want eyelashes like hers!!!! LOL Gorgeous card - love the image! Thank you for joining us in the Sweet Stop Sketch! Have a great week!

Hanneke said...

Wow, gorgeous! The image is stunning, love your coloring! Hugs, Hanneke

Grenouille Greetings said...

I wasn't wrong about there being loads of lovely makes! This one is deeeeeeelightful! Hugs, Lesley

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...