Monday, March 12, 2012

all together now...HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO YOU...

Good morning everyone, I hope you all had the best weekend and didn't get accosted by any little old ladies in bathrooms...we had a fab day yesterday, I had a really good natter with my Dad all about his surgeon and operation he is so excited and his surgeon says because he is operating on his really bad eye he will be given the all clear to drive again within a few weeks, I hope has hasn't forgotten how, its fantastic to hear him so upbeat as not getting about was weighing him down, he likes his Independence...its his Birthday today, my wonderful, gentle, kind Dad is 79 today, but its always tinged with a little sadness for him as it would have been his anniversary too and just brings home how much he misses my Mum, we all do and its the reason I don't really make Mothers Day cards...I haven't anything planned as we don't have any transport but I will come up with something to get him out, just need to get my thinking cap on...right now onto my card for today which is for our challenge at Bunny Zoe's Crafts monthly challenge...this month is our wonderful teamie Karina's choice and she chose Shabby Chic/Vintage, I always struggle with this as I never know if I'm doing it right...isn't this little Bildmalarna - Mimosa Picnic stamp just sssssooooo gorgeous, I coloured her with distress inks and these amazing papers are from the new Prima 6x6" Paper Pad - Almanac I love every single one of these papers they are so so lush, even the tiny music sheet, newsprint and the cut out butterflies are from the same pad...I added some of the gorgeous Kaisercraft Pearl Flourishes Decorative - Black, I finished with a few teeny roses from my stash and a 25mm Berisford Small Check Gingham SHOCKING PINK from The Pretty Little Ribbon Shop...I know it doesn't look shocking pink but that's because I stained it with antique linen distress ink, it works ok doesn't it...everything except the roses and ribbon are from Bunny Zoe's Crafts...the fab sketch is from the Crafty Cardmakers challenge and I'm also entering it for the Cutie Pie challenge and The Ribbon Reel challenge...I'm off to put my thinking cap on for my Dads day and make a card, whatever your up to if your lucky enough to have one or two parents still with us, show or tell you love them today, they are worth a little effort
Mina xxx
distress ink colours used
skin - antique linen, frayed burlap, tattered rose
shoes,dress, hatband and trousers - tattered rose
hat - antique linen
greens - peeled paint
flowers - scattered straw
wheel - black soot

40 comments:

Colinda said...

Congratulations!!! I hope you'll have a lovely day with your dad!!!The sun is shining over here in Holland and i hope that you'll have a sunny day too!! Love your card, Colinda

cheryl said...

oh Hun,have a brilliant day with your dad Hun,and congratulations on the operation too Hun no wonder he is so chuffed,bless him,he sounds a wonderful dad hun,
as for your card wow love this those papers Hun are just fantastic,and the ribbon I love,and the image really makes one stunning card,have a great day Hun,hugs Cherylxx

Jackie said...

Happy birthday to your Dad.
What a beautiful card, your colour choices always look so delicate :o)
Jackie xx

Marie-Louise said...

Beautiful card. The image is lovely but the backing papers are fabulous. Hope your Dad has a very Happy Birthday.

Sue said...

Hello Mina,your card is beautiful,the papers and image are just lovely.Have a lovely day with your Dad,give him my good luck for the operation.
Hugs Sue xx

Squirrel x said...

Whatever you do with dad today, I hope it's a good one hun. I am so pleased that he is being so positive about his op, I will keep all my paws crossed that everything goes smoothly. What a gorgeous card hun, those papers are delicious, and I adore your delicate colourwork on the cute image. Beautiful. Hugs Sxx

My'scardcorner said...

Such a pretty card Mina loving the swirls and butterflies and that fab backing paper goes perfect with the cute image. Happy Birthday to your Dad a good age. enjoy your day whatever you do together.
Myrax

Janette said...

Hi Mina, Really glad your Dad is getting his op soon, sure you will all be happier.....as for Mothers day, alot of us feel just the same hun, I suppose it's just a part of life...

Love your card, the image is a real sweetie and of course your papers are beautiful.xx

Cheryl said...

Hi Mina,
Happy Birthday Mina's Dad !!! Hip Hip Hooray.
I love your card today Mina , she is very cute! I hope your week is really good.
Hugs Cheryl

Hanneke said...

Such a sweet card! Love all the butterflies and the cute image. Congratulations to your dad! I can imagine how this day is also hard, mixed feelings :s. Hopefully you will make a nice day of it, to remember your mum but also celebrate your dad. Hugs, Hanneke

Tammy said...

Fabulous card Mina. Love everything about it, especially your coloring!! I hope your dad has a wonderful birthday!

coops said...

wow,so stunning mina.gorgeous pretty colours and details and i love the image :D
wishing you dad a very happy birthday.

xx coops xx

Riet said...

So beautiful cards Mina,I love the images and the colours.
So gorgeous papers.

Hugs Riet.xx

Desire Fourie said...

Mina, this is just adorable and such a cheerful card. Congrats with your Dad's 79th b'day. Trust the eye op will go well.
Hugs
Desire

Nannieflash said...

Hi Mina, wow what a gorgeous card, I love those papers and your beautiful colouring of your image.
I hope your dad has a wonderful birthday, he must been feeling so fed up not being able to drive, I do hope it wont belong before he gets his op. hugs Shirleyxxx

Tine said...

Hi Mina. Hope your dad has a great birthday and I wish him all the very best for the operation.
Tine :)

heidy said...

Oh you did a great job on this card Mina,it's gorgeous and congrats with your dad!
I don't make mothersday cards eighter!
XXX Heidy

Unknown said...

Hi Mina, wonderful card sweetie, love the image!! Congratulations on your dad hun! Know the feeling of missing someone, no more mums here either... hugs Frea

Ali said...

Happy Birthday to your dad - hope the op goes well and he gets his independence back in drving very soon. Beautiful card as well xx

Carla S. said...

Wishing your Dad a very happy birthday, Mina! Hope you both have a lovely day whatever you decide to do! Your card is beautiful! Love the papers and gingham ribbon! Wonderful coloring of the sweet image!

Andrea C said...

Those butterflies are gorgeous as is this card x

Jeni said...

Happy Birthday to you...Happy Birthday to you...Happy Birthday Mina's Dad...Happy Birthday to you!!!

Your card is beautiful Mina! I just love your soft coloring. ~jeni :)

Lucy said...

Hope your Dad has a wonderful birthday, my heart goes out to you all ,my mum died 9 months ago so I know exactly how you all feel , at least your Dad is on the mend now, have a lovely day...

Hugs Graici's Gran (Lucy) xxx

Juls said...

gorgeous!! Love the soft sepia colours with the gingham ribbon! Hugs Juls

Lau W said...

Happy birthday to your dad !!
This card is wonderful, so nice coloring !
xxx

Niinu said...

She is so beautiful, little lady with her bicycle:)
Your coloring is so amazing! I like these soft colors you´ve use...
I hope you have a nice week ahead!

Marion said...

Hi Mina,
Hope you have had a fab day with your Dad.

Gorgeous card and a pretty colour combo.
hugs
Marion

arjette said...

WWwooowww this is another awesome one, beautiful!!! What a cute image!!

gr.arjette.

Jo said...

Hi Mina, Happy Birthday to your Dad!And best wishes for his operation.Hope you have a fab today whatever you do.Your card is lovely, as usual,another gorgeous image!
Jo x

Chrissy said...

Adorable card Mina, love the cute image and love your colouring...beautiful.

Going to ring my Dad today...

Luv CHRISSYxx

Jayne A said...

Fantastic card. love the image and the layout.

Hugs
Jayne
x

Andrea said...

Such a gorgeous card Mina.
I hope you've had a fabulous day with your Dad, and I hope he's had a happy birthday. Good luck for his operation tomorrow.
Love, Andrea xx

Marianne's Craftroom said...

What a darling image and I love the colour scheme.

mags said...

Super card Mina. Love the image and your lovely colour combo.
Happy Birthday to your Dad.
Mags
x

Unknown said...

what fab news about your dad..i can tell he means the world to you & of course yourmom ..sadly i have none of my parents left..ilost them both at 79 within three months of each other back in 2008 so thats why i never get high about mom or dad days...and i agree about if peeps are lucky to have one or both ..im just so glad my parents knew how much iloved them but i do miss my mom so very much i wasnt that close to my dad sadly but i cherished every day i had with my precious mum..if only i had one wish...but on a happier note big hugs to your dad hell be brilliant and drive...well there will be no stopping him..love to you all sassyxx

Sherri said...

A beutiful card again, Mina. I'm so glad you dad is scheduled for surgery soon. He is very blessed to have you in his life, just as you are blessed to have him yet.

Cheryl said...

Your card is gorgeous!

febe said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Grenouille Greetings said...

A lovely card, Mina. Happy birthday to your Dad! I hope his surgery goes splendidly well this week! Hugs, Lesley

Mau xx said...

This is adorable Mina, love the image xx
Glad your Dad is positive about his op. xxxx Lots of Love coming his way xxxxx

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...