Tuesday, March 13, 2012

the cherry on the top...


Good morning everyone I hope your all well and enjoying a little bit of the warmer weather we are having, there's no sun...yet...but its definitely getting warmer, oh and how nuts is it that there is going to be a hose pipe ban in some areas of England, I hope it wont effect you...I cant believe there's anyone in Britain has that little rain in the winter...crazy...my lovely Daughter was off work yesterday on a days holiday so we took my Dad out for lunch and a little bit of a mooch...I was relieved that he didn't have to sit in on his own, no one should have to do that on their Birthday, I gave him all your Birthday wishes last night and he is flabbergasted that all these people who don't know can be kind enough to send him Birthday wishes...onto my card for today, we are having a Ribonita feature week at Sugar Nellie, I love these new stamps don't you and this little bit of gorgeousness is called Lolitta I coloured this little stunner with distress inks and boy did I have fun colouring all that lush hair...I teamed her up with this fabulous Graphic45 paper, I know it G45 but it didn't have a name edge on but I think its called Cherry stripe or something like that...I finished my card with some ribbons, a huge amount of button, I counted them and they all made it to the card you will be pleased to know lol, and a sentiment...the fab sketch is from Sketch Saturday and I'm also entering it for the Crafty Creations challenge and Totally Gorjuss challenge too...I'm having one of those super crafting days today, you know the ones where you craft and colour to your hearts content...oh and btw I forgot I got an email a couple of days back asking me which glue I used for attaching buttons, I use a Zig glue pen, the blue ones that dry clear, brilliant for loads of things, hope that helps...I hope you all have a wonderful day and no getting those hose pipes out now lol
Mina xxx
p.s. dont forget to leave a comment as the fabulous girlies at Sugar Nellie are offering some candy over the posts for this week...you can find all you need to know here

distress ink colours used
skin - antique linen, frayed burlap, tattered rose
hair is a mix of frayed burlap, walnut stain and black soot
green - peeled paint
red - aged mahogany, barn red

44 comments:

Jackie said...

Fabulous card Mina, really jumps out of the page :o)
Jackie xx

Ink Art Designs said...

Wow Mina...I really like this image. You have such a way with colours, she is gorgeous with that beautiful backdrop! Thanks for the zig glue tip...I've been using a hot glue gun because I didn't know what else to use that was strong enough. Ta.
Dot x

karen said...

Morning Mina, she is a beauty and so is your card, I love the colours, yum! hugs, Karenx

Natka said...

Good morning Mina! Faboulos cherries!

Ruth said...

Beautiful card, Mina. The colouring is gorgeous. Ruth x

Sue said...

Love your gorgeous card Mina,the paper is fab and she is very pretty.
Have a lovely day and glad all the buttons made it to your card lol.
Hugs Sue xx

Marie-Louise said...

Beautiful card. Love the image.

Doreen said...

This is stunning Mina,love the image and your colouring of her.xxx

My'scardcorner said...

Cute card Mina and love the button touch looks good. How nice that your daughter could spend time with you and your Dad on his birthday.
Myrax

Unknown said...

morning mina...she is just the cutest and i love her hair its perfectly coloured i can never get mine to look shiny..love the whole card and buttons are a simple but very pleasing addition hugs to yer dad...hope he had a fab day ..love viewing your work hunne hugs sassyx

Alyce Kit and Clowder said...

Mina she is so adorable!! I really love this image....hopefully can grab her soon to colour up! You have done a beautiful job of this card :)

Alyce Kit and Clowder said...

Mina she is so adorable!! I really love this image....hopefully can grab her soon to colour up! You have done a beautiful job of this card :)

coops said...

so stunning mina.really gorgeous colours and buttons and i love the sweet image ;D
glad your dad had a lovely birthday :D

xx coops xx

Tammy said...

Beautiful Mina! Love everything about this card. The color combo is fabulous.

CRAZYCRAFTSHED said...

Gorgeous and beautiful card Mina,fabulous image and colour's
Hugs Dianne xx :)

Grenouille Greetings said...

Beautiful colouring, Mina. Gorgeous design choices and I love those buttons! Hugs, Lesley

Mau xx said...

Wow! what stunning Colours Mina, they really do Pop off the page, Love all your detail too.
Glad your Dad had a lovely Birthday, sending him hugs as always xxx My Youngest Daughter is 47 today....yikes!!! I will be visiting THEM in the Old Folks home the way its going....lol

Juls said...

too cute!!! LOVE the button detail!! Hugs Juls

Irene said...

She is fabulous Mina, gorgeous paper and cute buttons but the way you coloured her hair is absolutely amazing..it shines!!!!

Hugs, Irene

Carla S. said...

Gorgeous card, Mina! I love the DP and the adorable image! Your coloring is fantastic, as always! Glad your Dad had a nice brithday celebration!

Unknown said...

What a lovely card Mina. The image is sooo cute and fab colours Just found my dashboard after all this time so hopefully will now be able to keep up.
Hugs Kath

Andrea C said...

Wow loving that image xx

Jayne Hayward said...

This is simply adorable - fantastic colouring and love the dp used too.

Jayne xx

Christine L said...

Adorable image Mina and fabulous card ..... perfect design!

Hugs
Christine x

Jayne A said...

Gorgeous card. I love the image and the way you have coloured her

Hugs
Jayne
x

Chrissy said...

Gorgeous card Mina,look at those gorgeous ringlets, now if mine did that in the wet weather instead of fuzzy, I would be happy..gorgeous colouring as always..
Glad your Dad had a lovely Birthday with his girls...

Luv CHRISSYxx

Sue said...

Hi hun
as always a totally gorgeous card, beautiful image & colouring, lovely embelies & design, sue,x

Riet said...

So beautiful card,I love the image and your papers.

Hugs Riet.xx

Janette said...

Oh it's gorgeous Mina, so sweet and love the DP....think you must have the best paper stash in the world..lol...

Glad your Dad had a nice Birthday, lucky to have a good family, so many don't, bless 'em..xxx

arjette said...

Oohhh your card is fabulous!!!! It's sooo beautiful!!! And that image is sooo cute and so beautiful colored!!!

gr. arjette.

Yvonne said...

Wow, this is really very beautiful!
hugs Yvonne

Denise said...

Such an adorable image. Love this pretty card.
Hugs
Denise xx

Hazel said...

Oh My Mina - such a beautiful card - love the image and the colours - just stunning.

Thank your for joining us at Totally Gorjuss this week and the very best of luck. I hope you will be able to come and join in with our challenge next week.

Hazel x

Rufus said...

The hair on this cutie is Fantastic!! So glad that you were able to take your Darling Dad out on his Birthday!
R/

Cor* said...

Gorgalicious Mina! Thanks for playing at Sketch Saturday this week! Good luck.

Marjorie said...

Oh this is just sooo sweet! love the red and greens, and love how you have coloured her dress so simple and elegant..stunning!
Hugs,
Marjorie
xx

Naomi Johnson said...

Mina this is sooo cute! love the papers and all those buttons, yummy!

Crea Astrid said...

What a beautiful card. The hair is so nice colored.

Hugs Astrid.
http://creaastrid.blogspot.com/

cheryl said...

oh Mina,this is just gorgeous love the image,and those papers,and just love those buttons,hugs Cherylxxxxx

June Nelson said...

Mina this is exquisite, just stuning darlin love it xxxxxxxxxxxx

Jo said...

Oh Mina this is beautiful, such a lovely, lovely card. Your colouring is superb :)
Thank you for joining in with us at Sketch Saturday
Jo xx

Jen Nelson said...

gorgeous card... love your colouring

Thanks for joining us at Sketch Saturday this week

Jen xx

Jen Nelson said...

gorgeous card... love your colouring

Thanks for joining us at Sketch Saturday this week

Jen xx

ribenaruby said...

Hi Mina, thought I'd left you a comment on this beautiful card, love those rich red buttons and the fab colouring you've done on this Ribonita image..totally stunning! Ruby x

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...