Tuesday, March 06, 2012

every girl need a set of pink twinkly wings...

Good morning everyone I hope your all well...we had gorgeous sunshine yesterday, isn't it amazing what a little bit of sunshine does for peoples moods, everyone seemed to be lighter and smiling, but I don't know if it was the sun or not but I saw two traffic accidents yesterday both involving children being picked up at school...not serious thank goodness just a couple of dents in the side and back...I hate the thought of kids being in accidents like that though don't you, there's only one thing wrong with sunshine, it shows up the dust something shocking doesn't it...I had a mooch and a bit of a shop yesterday and bought a couple of gift cards for my beautiful Daughters other half's birthday which was yesterday, then they came for dinner last night and I even got him a cake complete with candles, we sang to him and made him blow them out too, hes one of life's sweeties, such a kind and gentle soul who wouldn't hurt a fly and would give you his last breath and most important he worships our Daughter...I always buy gift cards for men's presents as I think unless they have said they would like something specific they are the hardest people to shop for so a clothes shop voucher and a HMV voucher should sort him out with a game and a new shirt I think...I don't somehow think he would have appreciated socks lol...ok now onto my card for today which is using this fantastically adorable C.C. Designs Swiss Pixie Nymph Lucy isn't she gorgeous and look at those fantastic wings, I coloured her with distress inks and paper pieced her dress...aren't those papers just lush they are from the new Glitz range and these are from the Glitz 6x6" Paper Pack - Pretty in Pink pad, I love this new paper range and bought two of them...the papers and stamp are both from Bunny Zoe's Crafts
I finished with some black and pink ribbons and a circular sentiment, I also cut out one of the teeny roses from the paper for the centre of the sentiment...the sketch is from the Totally Gorjuss challenge and I'm also entering it for the DYSU challenge and Fairy tale challenge ...I'm hanging around the house today until I hear how my Dad got on with his appointment and if the sun is still shining I might have to do a little bit of dusting, I know I shouldn't mention the H word but needs must when the sun shows it up doesn't it...whatever your up to today step away from the dusters and have a brilliant one
Mina xxx
distress ink colours used
skin - antique linen, frayed burlap, tattered rose
hair - pumice stone
dress train and wings - spun sugar
flowers - black soot

28 comments:

June Nelson said...

Aw Mina I love your pink twinky wings hun, this is so cute and of course my fav colour, its gorgeous, have a lovely day darlin xx

Desire Fourie said...

Mina this is beautiful. Love how you have done the paper piecing of her dress.
Hugs
Desire

mags said...

Beautiful card Mina. Love the paper piecing and her gorgeous glittery wings.
Mags
x

Gemma said...

What a darling card Mina, hugs Gemma

Chrissy said...

Adorable card Mina, love the paper piecing and fabulous papers.
very sweet image, she is gorgeous.

Luv CHRISSYxx

Sue said...

Aw so very cute Mina.Love the colours and papers.Take it easy with that duster.
Sue xx

Squirrel x said...

Oh she is a sweetie hun! Love those papers, yum. Take it steady with that duster girl, don't want you getting into mischief. Sxx

My'scardcorner said...

This is so cute Mina and lovley colouring. Yes the sun was lovely yesterday even though it was still cold managed to do abit of weeding after I too dusted lol :0)
Myrax

Jo said...

Gorgeous, Mina, fab paper piecing and sparkly wings. That paper looks fantastic!I'm gonna be good today and do the housework before crafting!
Jo x

debby4000 said...

Oh wonderful card Mina.
luv
Debby

Tammy said...

Adorable Mina! Love all the pink!

Christine L said...

Hi Mina...

awwwww what a sweetie of an image! And of course, pink, my fav colour! Love how you've done her hair too....

And yes, I agree, the sun always makes us feel a bit better, even if it does show the dirty windows! LOL

Hugs
Christine x

coops said...

gorgeous card mina,the image is so sweet and i love your pretty colours and sparkle :D

xx coops xx

Juls said...

so sweet, love your paper pieced dress!! Hugs Juls

heidy said...

Ah so sweet Mina and your card below is so very pretty!
XXX Heidy

Unknown said...

A gorgeous card Mina love the image so sweet, and your paper piecing is fabulous too..
Hugs Sarah x

Jackie said...

Gorgeous as ever Mina, and so beautifully coloured :o)
Jackie xx

Irene said...

Sooooooo sweet and cute Mina!!!

Hugs, Irene

Nannieflash said...

Hi Mina that is just gorgoeus I love how youve paper pieced her dress, and your colouring as always is just stunning. hugs Shirleyxxx

Unknown said...

Mina it is GORGEOUS, with beautiful twinkly wings ,I love the colour and such a sweet image well done
Hugs Elaine

applejack cards by sue said...

Evenin' Mina, she is lovely! Such a sweet image, pretty colours, a real delight.

Denise said...

So pretty - love the cute image and lovely paper piecing.
Hugs
Denise xx

Cheryl said...

Hi Mina , oh wow your card is stunning , love the pixie, just adorable. No more talking about the H word thanks, I have blinkers on and not looking at the moment lol. Have a great day Mina.
Hugs Cheryl

Marianne's Craftroom said...

She is adorable and I love those papers. Thanks for playing along at TG with such a cute card.

WencheP said...

This is so sweet. Love the colours and I love the image. Thanks for joining us at Do You Stack Up.

-Wenche

Unknown said...

Love the sparkle

kitten - DYSU team

Mau xx said...

This is gorgeous Mina and I love her wings ..sadly mine are looking very tarnished :(
Hugs Mau xx

Andrea C said...

So pretty and cute x

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...