Wednesday, March 21, 2012

groovy baby...

Good morning everyone, how are you all doing, well and happy I hope...well we have another weeks respite from telling my Dad he cant drive yet, I never realised but he was really struggling because he wore very strong bifocal glasses, half because he basically couldn't see any distance at all and the bottom just reading glasses, so it wasn't until I saw him yesterday I realised he cant read because he cant wear the glasses as they were hurting his new eye...so off to the opticians we went and between us came up with the idea of putting clear glass in his right lense but adding the bifocal part for reading, that was the only way we could think that he would still be able to wear his glasses for his 'bad' eye and be able to still see with his new one...does that make sense, well it did to me and the optician lol...I took the opportunity to ask the optician about how bloody my Dads eye is, he said its not too bad just looks bad to me and was telling me that a few weeks back he had a guy come rushing in to ask him the same thing, he had sneezed the day after his op and hemorrhaged in the eye, he said he hadn't seen anything like it before and it made even him cringe, his story made the bones in my legs ache if you know what I mean lol...so its a week before his specs come back as they have to be sent away so his eye should be well on its way to being healed and he can maybe get in the car then...fingers crossed...btw are you fed up yet with my never ending stories of my Dads eye lol...right now onto my card for today which is for our new challenge at Crafts and Me challenges this time is our lovely Vix's choice and she chose Light Airy Spring Colours, this gorgeous groovy chic is called Fashion Melody and shes from Crafts and Me of course, I coloured her with distress inks and paper pieced parts of her dress and her headband...don't those colours suit her...the lush paper is another one of my hidden stash sheets and is from Making Memories Flower Patch collection and is called Large Floral Flower Patch, the large green check is the reverse...all I needed to finish my card was a peach and green ribbon and a huge Prima flower, don't remember the name of the flower pack I'm afraid...the lush sketch is from Mojo Monday and I'm also entering it for the Sweet Stampin Challenge and the Crazy 4 Challenges challenge...I'm having a crafting day today as my one yesterday was cut short by going out, so a lock in day in my craft room is called for I think...whatever your up to today have a brilliant one and if you have time pop on over to our Crafts and Me challenge blog and see the lush work the rest of our team came up with
Mina xxx
distress ink colours
skin - antique linen, frayed burlap, tattered rose
hair - antique linen
coloured part of dress - tattered rose, shabby shutters

42 comments:

Desire Fourie said...

Beautiful. Love how you paper pieced the hair band and the dress. Holding thumbs that the new glasses will allow your Dad to drive again.
Hugs
Desire

June Nelson said...

Brilliant darlin and i love the paper piercing I immediately thought of austin powers lol, its fab!!! xxxx

Inkypinkydelights said...

WOw Mina! Love that flower! And oh yes those colours do suit her. Love your paper piecing too. Another beautiful card! Judy x

Catherine said...

This is so pretty, the paper piecing is fab and that huge flower is just amazing.....

Jane said...

Beautiful Mina, love the paper piecing.
Hugs
Jane

mags said...

Another lovely card Mina. Love the image and the papers piecing you have done. Lush flower too.
Mags
x

Jacqueline (Sjakkie) said...

Gorgeous card Mina, beautiful papers!
Hugs Jacqueline

Chrissy said...

Gorgeous Mina, so lucky your squares for the paper piecing fitted her so well, I messed up a sheet the other day by not checking the fit...beautiful colours, love the pretty papers and gorgeous flower...

Luv CHRISSYxx

Always with a Sentiment said...

Hello Mina. Your card is beautiful, fabulous colours and image, and your flower is fantastic.
Love Sandra xxx

Vicky said...

So gorgeous Mina...

have a lovely day hun...big hugs Vicky xx

cheryl said...

oh this is so beautiful Hun,brilliant paper piecing and love that flower hugs Cherylxxxx

Lisa Jane said...

This is so pretty - love the paper piecing
Lisa x

Squirrel x said...

As soon as I saw the title of your post, Soul Bossa Nova popped into my head, and I guess it will be there all day now! Really gorgeous card hun, you are the Queen of Paper Piecing my friend. Good news about dad's specs, and a relief that you have a week's grace. Hugs Sxx

Hlora said...

Very nice job! Her dress is so cute)

Jackie said...

What a beautiful card, I love that gorgeous flower and the paper peicing is lovely :o)
Jackie xx

My'scardcorner said...

This is so pretty Mina and that flower is just fab...Glad to hear your Dad is progressing well.
Myrax

Astrid said...

Absolutely stunning Mina !!

hugs Astrid xx

Crea Astrid said...

What a nice card. The stamp is so beautiful. Nice paper too.

Hugs Astrid.

Marie-Louise said...

Beautiful card. Love this image - very useful. The paper piecing is great.

Sandy said...

Sorry I haven't popped in for a while, LOL, blog commenting takes a lot of time! This card is lovely, your image is sweet, love the paper pieced dress and headband and fab layout.
Hope your dad's eye is well on the mend now.
Sandy

Jessica said...

beautiful card!! Love the image and the colours.

tilly said...

I had a dress like this in the 60's lol, in fact it looks a lot like me (then) slim with long blonde hair.... love the spring/pastel colours
Tilly
Hope the glasses work well for Dad

coops said...

so stunning mina,really beautiful soft colours and gorgeous image :D
i hope the new glasses work for your dad and that his eye heals quickly.

xx coops xx

Irene said...

Your paperpiecing is perfect again Mina, lovely card!!

Irene

Jane said...

Just as I was about to hurl over the 'bleeding eye' story I saw your card...prettier images floated into my eye (no pun intended) and that hurl disappeared...lol

Thank goodness x

Jane said...

Just as I was about to hurl over the 'bleeding eye' story I saw your card...prettier images floated into my eye (no pun intended) and that hurl disappeared...lol

Thank goodness x

franzesjoi said...

beautiful!!! everything here are fab..

Carla S. said...

Beautiful card, Mina! Love the soft colors and pretty paper pieced image! Glad you've got a solution for your Dad's glasses! Hope his eye is healed by the time they come in!

Dee said...

I never get tired of hearing about you Dad...it just shows how much you care! Loved both cards from today and yesterday...the soft colours are lovely! I like how you colour with distress inks and paper piece. All your cards are so inspiring and I am glad I found your blog! Thanks so much for sharing your creativity with us!

Janette said...

Oh it's a fab card Mina and such a gorgeous image....
Never get fed up listening about your Dad hun, always nice to hear how he's doing.xx

Lau W said...

Hope the glasses of you dad will be ok !
Your card is delicious, love the dress, wow, lovely work Mina !
xxx

Christine L said...

Gorgeous card Mina... love that paper piecing! And I think we're all right with you and your Dad with your tales of his eyes!!

Hugs
Christine x

pinky said...

Gorgeous fresh card Mina, love that image. I haven't been able to get over here for ages so its was nice reading about your Dad again lol.

Tammy said...

Very pretty, love the pale green and pink! The flower is gorgeous!

Mau xx said...

Mina how could we get sick of hearing about your Dad!!! We only come here to hear news of him.....ooops!!! lol you know thats not true don't you xxxx
Glad his specs are getting sorted :)
Love the card, the image is brilliant and I adore that flower, xxxx Thanks for calling lovely lady xxx

Alyce Kit and Clowder said...

Mina she is so beautiful! Love the colouring and those gorgeous papers. I am so excited to be guesting with you this week over at Crafts and Me :) I have a little something for you over on my blog too!

Dona said...

Love your paper piecing, just fabulous. Beautiful card.

Cheryl said...

Hi Mina, love your groovy card today! beautifully coloured, and those papers are so pretty.
I hope everything is sorted soon for your Dad, it must be so frustrating for him. All the best.
Hugs Cheryl

Adriana said...

Love this very beautiful paper pieced girl.

Rachel said...

Fab card, fresh and bright. Thank you for sharing at Sweet Stampin this week. Wedgie xxx

Doreen said...

gorgeous card. The image is great and the paper too
Many thanks for joining us at Sweet Stampin' this week
Hugs
Doreen

Grenouille Greetings said...

The perfect image for your fabulous paper piecing. What a delightful make! Hugs, Lesley

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...