Friday, March 16, 2012

is there such a sport as extreme paper piecing?...

Good morning everyone I hope your all well and happy...when I was looking for something to do yesterday, I had a little digi buying spree some lush new digis are now printed and coloured and I even found a new artist which you will see in a few days, I had a bit of a play and maybe went just a little overboard with the old paper piecing...if there's not a sport called extreme paper piecing maybe we should start one, I paper pieced and paper pieced to my hearts content yesterday so just shout if you fed up looking at it lol...my lovely Phil came home yesterday (I think he just wanted to save my sanity and keep me company) and bless him he even stopped on his way home to get me the Creative Cardmaking magazine with my publication in it, hows that for a man on a mission, it takes him over two hours to drive home and he made a detour to get it for me, hes definitely a keeper isn't he...my card for today is heavily paper pieced, in fact the only thing that isn't is her face , hands and hair, I even paper pieced the tiny apple and flowers lol...the fab image is from Funky Kits and is one of the Sugar Nellie Leanne Ellis stamps...this one is called Patience...fab and funky isn't she, the lush rich coloured paper is one I found at the bottom of my stash when I did my clean up a few months back, I think I have had this paper for at least a year, its from Deja Views and the pink one is called Cherry Burst of Circles and the dotty one is Cherry Green Dots (now what else would it be called lol)...all I used to finish was a lush hot pink stripped organza ribbon and bow, a few punched daisies and pink gem centres for them...the fab sketch is from Sketch N Stash challenge (my stash is this long lost paper) I'm also entering it for the Stamp and Create challenge and Cute Card Thursday challenge too...no paper will be harmed today I promise I have stepped away from the scissors for a while lol... we are going out to look for a food processor for my Phil's lush cooking to be even better...whatever your up to today have a fantastic one
Mina xxx

34 comments:

Cheryl said...

Hi Mina, Wow this is extreme alright !!! Extremely Beautiful!
That hubby of yours is defiantly good to you, magazines and cooking , how great is that! Take care of each other and have a fantastic weekend.
Hugs Cheryl

Chrissy said...

Fabulous card Mina, I love paper piecing...too much?...never too much..Sweet image and love the burst of hot pink....and what a guy...you get the best whizz or processor you can buy.

Luv CHRISSYxx

Natka said...

Fantastic colours, simply flowers - beautiful!

My'scardcorner said...

This is so pretty Mina and yes hang on to Phil such a kind thought and well worth a food processer.:0)
Myrax

Doreen said...

This is gorgeous Mina,love the image and great paper piecing.xxx

Sue said...

Very pretty Mina.Love your paper piecing.Glad your Dad is fine,that's a lot off your mind.Have a lovely day with your Phil.What a keeper he is!
Hugs Sue xx

Turtle In The Sand said...

Medically speaking, paper-piecing is good exercise for arthritis. So keep cutting Mina!

Maris said...

hi mina, lovely card again and so well done the paperpicing, love the papers xx

debby4000 said...

Oh this is so gorgeous and you paper piece away cos I love what you do.
luv
Debby

riliska said...

Oh how beautiful! Such a cute, sweet image, and wow! Love those colors, just gorgeous!!!

Tammy said...

Brillant Mina!

Lil Daffodil said...

Hi Mina,
Oh how I've missed visiting your blog so I've had a big catch up on your creations. this paper piecing masterpiece is brilliant. Love the colours and the layout.
Hugs,
Fiona x

Irene said...

Just paperpice away to your hearts content Mina, I LOVE it!! I already wondered why there was no update about your Dad but I found it, good news JIPPIE!!!!!

Hugs, Irene

Denise said...

Hi Mina,
So happy to hear your Dad's op went well and that he is doing fine.
Love your card - love your paper piecing. Great image too.
Hugs
Denise xx

Exclusively by Mel said...

Hi Mina,
What a beautiful bright card! love it :)
Your the queen of paper piecing!
I love your sentiment.
Love, Mel. xxx

Unknown said...

Hi Mina, great card hun, and if there was such a sport, you would be world champion LOL!!! Hugs, Frea

Crafty Loops said...

If they decide to put Extreme Paper Piecing into the Olympics Mina, I definitely nominate you to be the Northern Irish contender, lol. This is such a pretty card. Im not a girlie girl at all but I want a coat like that! lol. Hope your Daddy is doing well and yes....Phil is definitely a keeper. Hope you all have a fab weekend. Lee x

Sue said...

Hello Mina,me again.I have left something on my blog for you.
Hugs Sue x

Nannieflash said...

Hi Mina, firstly Im so glad that your dad has had his op and it wont belong before he start to live again. Stunning card love the colour combo its really striking, and your whole card layout is just gorgeous. hugs Shirleyxxx

Dee said...

I am so happy that your Dad is fine...such a worry! This card with its paper piecing blows me away...I am not sure I could fussy cut as well...you have more patience than I do! Your husband is a terrific man, but of course, you probably bring out the best in him! Enjoy your day and thanks for sharing your talent with us!

coops said...

so gorgeous mina.the image is stunning and i love your bright colours and paper piecing :D

xx coops xx

Lau W said...

WOW ! superb card, love the vibrant colors and this image is just wonderful ! So nice work Mina !
xxx

heidy said...

Gorgeous Mina,love your paperpiecing!
XXX Heidy

Andrea said...

Hi Mina - you do have a very special man there!
Well you really have gone to the extreme with paper piecing on your card - I love it!
Have a great weekend.
Love, Andrea xx

Mau xx said...

This is Fab MIna and you go for it girl, nothing like a bit of what you fancy..even Paper piecing....lol
I would hold onto Phil for a while longer :) he is a good one xx

Grenouille Greetings said...

Your paper piecing is perfect - just right for this image! Lovely! Hugs, Lesley

Candy said...

Mina,
I don't think you have gone extreme with your paper piecing. I think it's wonderful!!
Great card.
Hugs, Candy

Rufus said...

Can't wait to see what other goodies you got! Love all your paper piecing. As for that Phil of yours, one of these days one of us is going to come nab him! Are you sure he's real? Sounds entirely to good to be true! Give both the incredible men in your life an extra hug, you lucky gal!
Hugs,
R/
P.S. they're safe from me, I'm on the other side of the pond!

Chrissie said...

Just glorious Mina and an absolute riot of colour!
Love the paper piecing sweetie, you are such an inspiration.
Thanks for joining in with Sketch N Stash.
Chrissie xx

Riet said...

What a gorgeous card Mina.

Hugs Riet.xx

♥Gemma♥ said...

Absolutely gorgeous Mina..love the colours & your image too..

Thanks for joining us at sketch n stash & good luck!!
hugs and xxx
Gemma

Karen Petitt said...

Mina this is so gorgeous! Wonderful papers and paper piecing you must be very patient! hugs Karen

Michelle Short said...

Great card, love the paper piecing

Thank you for joining in with my sketch at Sketch N Stash this fortnight,

Michelle x

Vicky said...

Gorgeous creation sweetie...

thanks for joining us at SnS...and good luck..!

big hugs Vicky xx

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...