Thursday, March 01, 2012

look what I got...

Hi everyone, me again but this time I want to show you my new toy...have you noticed that since Christmas my card photos have got a lot clearer and brighter...well I'm sure you remember how many times I was screaming because I couldn't get any decent daylight photos, I think I broke a couple of eardrums doing it lol...well the fabulous people at The Daylight Company took pity on me and gave me one of these amazing Clip-on Studio Lamp and Stand light to have a play with

yes I know...how lucky am I. I must admit when it arrived I had an open mind but didn't hold out much hope that it would make a huge difference...so when I got my camera at Christmas I had a bit of a play and the more I played the more impressed I was

I don't have a fancy light tent or box or anything but use my fireplace mantle to take photos as its the closest high point to a large window, so you can see I don't use any background or anything and the light being on a stand means I can move it up and down to whatever height I need, in fact I used it above the pencil box I made for the Graphic45 post

I have to admit though this has been such a fantastic tool, I don't have to dash round finishing cards before the sun goes in (we have all been there haven't we lol) and can take photos anytime day or night even without sun...and to show you the difference I took two shots with and without the lamp at exactly the same time

this is without the light
with the light
isn't the difference amazing, I am mighty impressed aren't you...oh and by the way just before I leave you in peace The Daylight Company also have a Facebook page if you want to check it out...enjoy the rest of your night and I will speak to you all tomorrow for the start of the two day Sugar Nellie blog hop
Mina xxx

16 comments:

Julie said...

Hi Mina,Thanks for sharing this, I had similar troubles, have tried photos with a "light studio" but at the mo I'm opting for full on light from an "Ott light" I'm still finding that Picassa is needed often to lighten my photos though. Are you still editing yours?

cheryl said...

Hi Hun,I too have a day light lamp,not like this one,but similar,they really so make a difference just love the card Hun its brilliant as always hugs Cherylxxxx

Mina said...

these before and afters werent edited at all Julie xxx

nnalorac said...

Lucky you Mina, due think they would give me one lol! Would love to take good photos and present them better. Think I will have to go down this road sooner rather than later,before these awful low energy bulbs ruin my eyesight! Whose bright idea was that! Enjoy. Carolxx

Unknown said...

Yes that makes a huge difference. I use daylight lamps myself for colouring too, because I just couldn't colour at night, and now I use them too when taking pictures! Hugs, Frea

Tanya said...

It's a good lamp! I looked something for me and I found! Thank you!

Cheryl said...

Hi Mina, this looks great, I do have a small desk daylight lamp for my colouring and I love it , my kids got it for me last christmas, that one you have got looks awesome!!!
I must say when I saw the heading of this post , I started to giggle to myself straight away, I thought what is she up to now rofl, you seem to have that effect on me, I'm always laughing.
I hope you have a fabulous weekend, and stay out of mischief hehehehe.
Hugs Cheryl

Crafty Loops said...

Oh wow mina, what a difference a lamp makes......24 little hours! Opps, sorry there was nearly a song in there somewhere and I was just carrying on! Do you mind if I ask, how you take the photo then? Do you take the shot up over the top of the lamp, off to the side? Where do you take your shot from? Lee xx

Sinikka said...

What a difference a day ( lamp ) makes. Great.
Hugs Sinikka

June Nelson said...

OOOh Mina what a loucky lass, I wish I had one of these as all mine photograph dark!! christmas list lol its gorgeous xxxxx

nessy said...

just perfect ~my problems are not the light ,but the photos themselves (must take a course on photography and computers)
vanessa xx

Anonymous said...

What a difference!

Tine said...

Lucky you, Mina. I could do with someone taking pity on me & sending me one too! LOL.
Tine :)

Lau W said...

Oh ! extra !!!
xxx

Mau xx said...

Wow! you lucky girl, what do I have to do to get one.....lol
Really are worth looking at though ...hmmm (just going to look hubby thats all) thanks for sharing Mina
hugs mau xx

ribenaruby said...

Lucky, lucky lady, you!!! take care. Ruby x

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...