Saturday, March 17, 2012

ok own up...who broke Mr Blogger...

Good morning everyone I hope your all well and happy and looking forward to a brilliant weekend, ok which one of you was it who broke Mr Blogger yesterday, I couldn't leave any comments, well I tell a lie I did comment on two which took me half an hour so I gave up and just surfed your blogs but didn't comment, will catch up with my commenting tonight though well if blogger is better, oh and my followers vanished last night too...my wonderful Dad comes home today, I was in floods of tears talking to him last night on the phone he was full of joy over how much he can see already and how he feels like a light has been switched on, I had to make a hasty retreat as I knew I was going to bubble like a baby, he would have called me a soppy sod lol...he always had such vivid blue eyes and I found myself wondering if his eye is bright blue again, I'm going daft I'm sure...we (with Phil I mean) had our lunch out yesterday and I made a cheesecake last night, I know who knew I could actually enjoy making desserts and cakes?, me whose idea of cooking is to open a tin of soup normally lol...we didn't get the food processor yet as we saw a couple of good bargains and wanted to do a bit more research on them to see which suits better, I think we should go with a brilliant one that has the same as the others but also has a coffee grinder which he could make fresh pesto in...I love fresh pesto yum yum yum...right enough waffle my card for today is using the most stunning summery image, isn't she amazing, she is from A Day for Daisies and is called Violets In My Hair, I loved colouring this beauty and when I was I found myself humming beach boy tunes lol...I coloured her with distress inks and yes there is a teeny bit of paper piecing again (I couldn't resist), the amazing papers are from one of the newest paper pads I bought from Bunny Zoe's Crafts (don't forget there's a 10% on until Midnight Sunday)...these papers are from the gorgeous Glitz 6x6 paper pack-Vintage Blue that colour combo works so so well doesn't it...I added a ribbon and bow and a few daffodils from my stash...the sketch is from Ribbon Carousel challenge and Im also entering it for the Papertake Weekly challenge and Crafty Ribbons challenge too...I'm having a day at home today, Phil's away marshaling at the motorbike racing and my Dad wont be back until this evening, so a spot of crafting I think and I will move away from the cutting out scissors I promise lol...whatever your up to today have a brilliant one
Mina xxx
distress ink colours used
skin - antique linen, frayed burlap, tattered rose
lipstick - victorian velvet
hair - antique linen, scattered straw
flowers in hair - faded jeans

36 comments:

CRAZYCRAFTSHED said...

Good Morning Mina
A gorgeous and beautiful card ,have a lovely weekend
Hugs Dianne xx :)

Inkypinkydelights said...

Lovely Mina! I am loving those daffs! No not me! lol but something upset Blogger and what a nuisance it is when this happens! Have a lovely weekend, Judy x

Jackie said...

I am so pleased for your Dad Mina. Your card is beautiful as ever :o)
Jackie xx

mags said...

This is beautiful Mina. The image is lovely and the colour combo is very striking. So glad your Dad is doing well.
Mags
x

Cheryl said...

Hi Mina, Gorgeous card and image, those papers look delicious, like your cheesecake I imagine! So glad Your Dad is doing well, sounds like he is very happy with the results, excellent news.
Hugs Cheryl

My'scardcorner said...

Such a pretty card Mina. Yes so frustrating when Mr blogger plays up. Enjoy your crafting day.Off to shop with my daughter today for abit.
Myrax

Doreen said...

What a stunning card Mina,beautiful image.xxx

Alyce Kit and Clowder said...

Mina this is such a beautiful card. Love your colouring on her :) I am so glad your dad is coming home!! How exciting! :) Hope he is feeling better xx

Riet said...

What a beautiful card Mina.

Hugs Riet.xx

Vicky said...

Simply stunning Mina...

big hugs Vicky xx

Always with a Sentiment said...

Hello Mina. Oh, so Mr. Blogger is at it again. So its not only me. All my followers have disappeared this morning, not at all, and I have no idea what to do, so I just hope they miraculously re-appear soon.
Your card is delightful sweetie. Beautiful papers, gorgeous image, so very striking.
Have a lovely weekend.
Love Sandra xxxx

cheryl said...

oh Hun,did you brake mr blogger again,what are we going to do with you ha ha,so glad your dad is okay too Hun,as for your card Hun its just gorgeous love the image,and such beautiful papers too hugs Cherylxx

Irene said...

Same Blogger problems here Mina GRRR!!!! I lost at least 5 followers, they don't show up on my list anymore and I am so not pleased with that because those ladies make gorgeous creations!!!
But over all it works fine so I will not complain tooooo much. Love your card and the daffodil, spring has arrived!!!

Have a great weekend, Irene

Irene said...

Same Blogger problems here Mina GRRR!!!! I lost at least 5 followers, they don't show up on my list anymore and I am so not pleased with that because those ladies make gorgeous creations!!!
But over all it works fine so I will not complain tooooo much. Love your card and the daffodil, spring has arrived!!!

Have a great weekend, Irene

Crea Astrid said...

What a beautiful card with a lovely stamp.

Hugs AStrid.

Tammy said...

Wonderful news about your dad! Both of my parents had similar operations and they both made the comment that someone turn on the light! Beautiful card! Love the blue ribbon and the daffodils!

Janette said...

Morning Mina, A beautiful card, love the colour combo, it makes it pop off the page...

Good news about your Dad,bet you can't wait for him to get home...xxx

Sue said...

Hi Mina,beautiful card and image.Love your daffs.
Have a lovely day.
Hugs Sue x

Debbie said...

Morning Mina, loving the yellows and blues on your card.Beautiful.So pleased your Dad is doing so well and coming home.You'll be so relieved to see him. Mr blogger was a bit iffy on Thurs night too - wasn't me though.Have a nice weekend.Love Debbie x

heidy said...

You card is gorgeous Mina,glad your dad is doing so well!
XXX Heidy

nessy said...

gorgeous mina ~love this image and all the spring details!!
have a wonderful weekend
vanessa xx

Dee said...

Mina - this card is lovely. We here in Ontario, are having the weather to match...the warmest March on record since 1945. I love the blue and yellow combination, the paper and the image. I am glad your Dad is so chipper and coming home. Thanks for sharing so much with us!

tilly said...

looks like my problems may be over, thanks to my IT person(i.e. Aunty Sue) super cards and I have been visiting lol
Tilly
Hope Dad is well and soon back to driving

Nancy said...

Lovely card, that image is gorgeous--love the colouring :)
Glad your Dad is doing so well!

Chrissy said...

Wonderful news about your Dad Mina. ole'blue eyes is back!!

Beautiful card, love the image and gorgeous colouring, beautiful colour combo.

Luv CHRISSYxx

Julie said...

This so gorgeous and you're right the colour combo is awesome! The image reminds me of my eldest daughter!! So glad to hear the news about your Dad! Hugs, Juliexx

Andrea said...

Gorgeous - I do love the colour combo - and I had to go back for a second look for the paper piecing LOL! I love paper piecing too, have done it on two recent cards which I hope to show soon.
So glad your Dad's operation is a success!
Enjoy the rest of your weekend.
Love, Andrea xx

Lily Anuska said...

Hi Mina. Beautiful. This image realy looks amazing. Hugs. Lily Anuska

Sinikka said...

A beautiful stamp and I love the daffodils.
Hugs Sinikka

coops said...

so stunning mina.she is a really beautiful image and i love your colour combo and gorgeous daffodils :D
so pleased your dad is doing well.

xx coops xx

Dona said...

Beautiful card. Your colouring is amazing. Glad yor Dad is doing well and on his way home. Love your work and thanks for sharing.

Grenouille Greetings said...

Lovin your daffs and beautiful ribbon with this stunner! hugs, Lesley

Angie said...

Stunning card love the colours very girly.
Thanks for joining us at Papertake weekly.
Angie x

La Vikinga said...

Mina your card is really gorgeous! The girl is sooo cool and I like the Swedish colours blue and yellow!

Also I want to express our thanks for participating in the current challenge at Crafty Ribbons this fortnight and welcome back next week!!

La Vikinga

Savannah O'Gwynn said...

What a gorgeous card--love the flowers and that deep/rich ribbon color! THANKS for joining in the fun and playing along with us over at the RCC:)

cebelica said...

Mina, this is gorgeous. I love the papers and the image you used. Thanks for playing with us at Crafty Ribbons challenge! Hugs! xx

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...