Wednesday, March 07, 2012

smudged makeup...

Good morning everyone I hope your all well...did you see my post last night, its just below, Im still a little giddy from it, I just wish I could get a magazine quickly but it looks like I will have to buy one on the net because my nearest stockist is about 65 miles away...but never mind I will get one to keep in my memories box...we had some fantastic news yesterday, my wonderful Dad went for his eye appointment at the private hospital and apparntly got on so well with the surgeon that he decided to go ahead with the operation...and when is it...next Thursday would you believe, three days after his Birthday...in fact the surgeon said if he had been three appointment earlier he could have had it done tomorrow...I am so so excited for him, he sounded so pleased on the phone it was a huge relief to hear him so positive and upbeat...roll on next Thursday now...right now onto my card for today which is for the digi teams new challenge at Crafts & Me challenge, our new challenge is Things with Wings and our lovely Rose chose this weeks theme...how amazingly beautiful is this image from the new release from Crafts and Me, she is by the wonderfully talented Sara Burrier and is called Midnight Warrior, she is amazing to colour, I used my usual distress inks and glittered her wings, I smudged her make up with the brown from the hair though so she has a bit of brown on her face...the incredible papers are from the Graphic45 Steampunk Debutante range and is called Steampunk Debutante...I love cutting out the elements on paper and this is perfect to do that with...I finished with some 15mm Berisford Small Check Gingam HUNTERS GREEN from the Pretty Little Ribbon Shop but I distressed it with Antique Linen distress inks to make it a little darker and a few sticky back pearls, the sentiment is cut from the papers, I also cut one of the beautiful roses to add to it too...the fab sketch is from Sketch Saturday and Im also entering it for the Allsorts challenge too, I was sure there was another challenge but Im sure it will come to me during the day, or I will find it on the floor where it leaked out the hole in the back of my head lol...Im having a crafting day today as I have a few things to catch up with...whatever your up to have a fantastic day and watch out for smedged make up
Mina xxx
distress ink colours used
skin - antique linen, frayed burlap, tattered rose
hair - walnut stain, frayed burlap
dress, mask and rose - Evergreen boughs, spiced marmalade, wild honey, peeled paint

36 comments:

Inkypinkydelights said...

Oh gosh what a lovely image this is! And my how you have done it justice! I love this! Judy x

Desire Fourie said...

Oh wow, this is just out of this world with so much attention to detail. Love the aqua and orange colour combo.
Hugs
Desire

ribenaruby said...

Gorgeous image Mina, so pleased to hear your dads news, what a relief that is! Ruby x

Colinda said...

Wow, the dark paper makes the image really pop out!! I'm so glad for your dad, i hope everything goes well next week!!! Good luck with your crafting today, Colinda

Colinda said...

Wow, the dark paper makes the image really pop out!! I'm so glad for your dad, i hope everything goes well next week!!! Good luck with your crafting today, Colinda

cheryl said...

oh wow Mina hun this is simply stunning the detail is just amazing Hun,just a big wow from me hugs Cherylxxxx

Jackie said...

Good morning Mina, and congratulations on being published.
So pleased for your Dad.
Stunning card, very eyecatching :o)
Jackie xx

Christine L said...

Wowww fabulous card Mina.... such strong colours for you too!

Glad about your Dad's appointment... much better sooner than later!

And congrats on your magazine news!

Hugs
Christine x

My'scardcorner said...

This is fab Mina and good new about your Dad fingers crossed all goes well
. Pouring down here again but Im off to Bingo with my sister so fingers crossed for me too.
Myrax

Sue said...

Simply gorgeous Mina,I love all of your card.Great news for your Dad.
Have a lovely day.
Hugs Sue xx

Unknown said...

Beautiful card Mina I love the image . Well done
hugs Elaine

Exclusively by Mel said...

Brilliant news about you Dad!
Wonderful card, she's just stunning!
Love your fabulous design.
Lots of love, Mel. xxx

coops said...

wow this is fantastic mina.i love your strong bold colours and the image is stunning ;D
fantastic news for your dad, i am so pleased for him.

xx coops xx

Naomi Johnson said...

Love the card - just stunning! and such fabulous news for your dad.

Renkata said...

wow Mina, what a gorgeous card.
The colours are amazing.

Irene said...

Stunning card and colours Mina and what great news for your Dad and so much sooner than expected. My hubby had his second eye done on Monday and he is sooooooo happy running around without glasses and seeing so perfectly!! Hope your Pappa will say the same when it's all done, best wishes!!

Hugs, Irene

Chrissy said...

Fantastic image and colouring Mina, just beautiful...and great news about your Dad...wonderful.

Luv CHRISSYxx

Cheryl said...

Hi Mina, Wow this is stunning and your colouring is just amazing. Love those papers too, oh it's all perfect. So glad your Dad has his surgery sorted , it will be a huge relief for him and for you. Happy crafting.
Hugs Cheryl

Vicky said...

Gorgeous card sweetie loving the fab image.

Lotsa hugs Vicky xxx

Tammy said...

Wow Mina, fantastic! Absolutely gorgeous coloring and the background is equally beautiful!

Denise said...

Stunning card Mina. Such a beautiful image and those papers are gorgeous.
Good news about your Dad's operation too.
Hugs
Denise xx

brenda said...

Your colouring is amazing Mina, such a perfect card.

Thanks so much for joining in my Things with Wings theme at Allsorts this week, good luck and hope to see you again.

B x

Tine said...

Fab card, Mina. Beautifully coloured image. Glad your dad is getting sorted and best wishes for his birthday too. All the best people have March birthdays tell him! LOL.
Tine :)

Carla S. said...

Stunning card, Mina! I love the papers and the fantastic image! Your coloring is amazing! So happy to hear your Dad got his appointment! Wishing him the best for his birthday and the surgery!

heidy said...

Fantastic image and colouring Mina, just beautiful...and great news about your dad!
XXX Heidy

Heidi said...

Gorgeous card!
Beautiful image:)
Hugs, Heidi:)

Bernie said...

Congrats on being published! I can't wrap my head around Steampunk or most things Tim Holtz but loved your projects.
This card is amazing! Love the image and as usualy superb coloring.
Blessings Bernie

Barbara said...

Oh, WOW! Mina, this is over-the-top AMAZING! I love the image and your coloring talent just makes it come alive!

Ann said...

Beautiful Mina, love the paper too.

Mau xx said...

WOW! this is Stunning MIna, love that image and colouring is amazing as always xx
I am so pleased for your Dad,pleased for you all as I know how much you love him and miss your trips out in the car together xxxxx

Steph said...

Wow, what a striking card! That image is gorgeous and the colours you've used are stunning together. Great take on our sketch too! Thanks for joining us at Sketch Saturday this week, hope to see you again soon! x

Hanneke said...

Wow Mina, this card is gorgeous! Love the image, she is sooooo pretty! I love the colors you used they work really well with the natural look of the image. Hugs, Hanneke

Jude said...

Stunning! Beautiful image and your colouring in is ace!

Hugs
Judex

Juls said...

wowzer, I cant find the words!! This is just amazingly stunning!!! Hugs Juls

Grenouille Greetings said...

Great news for your Dad! Hope all goes well, Mina! Lush card! hugs, Lesley

Andrea C said...

I am so chuffed for you and your dad. Your card is STUNNING xx

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...