Thursday, March 08, 2012

splish splash...

Good morning everyone, I hope your weather is better than we have...we had all four seasons yesterday even snow and hail...nice to see Spring has arrived lol, I think the weather was the inspiration for my card today...I had a semi successful crafting day, one of those two step forwards one step back kinda days I got a few things done but not as many as I wanted, I even had a really early night last night 10pm would you believe that's unknown for me to go to bed before 1am...I was shattered by 8pm and could have gone to bed then, so cup of chamomile tea in hand of I popped with the best of intentions to watch a movie in bed I saw about 10 min's of it lol...right now onto my card for today inspired by our wonderful Spring weather, I used this amazing Singin' in the Rain image from Mo's Digital Pencil, isn't she beautiful, that umbrella and raincoat just cried out to be paper pieced didn't they, I know I'm a bit of a Mo freak but this one has just the perfect little face doesn't it...I coloured the rest of her with distress inks...the fabulous papers I think are from a DCWV paper pad, I was just attracted to the colours, they suit her don't you think...the letters are from the same pad I think, well they match anyway...I finished the card with a load of different ribbons and a bow made with 15mm Organza Ribbon LIGHT PINK from the Pretty Little Ribbon Shop, this ribbon has a lovely stiff feel to it, perfect for bows and holds its shape fantastically...the fabulous sketch is from Digital Tuesday challenge and I'm also entering it for the My Mums Craft shop challenge and Papertake Weekly challenge...I'm off to give myself a shake and a shower because my glasses fell off again yesterday, at least it wasn't down the toilet this time but just into my lunch, so I'm off to the opticians to get them tightened and reshaped...whatever your up to have a brilliant one
Mina xxx

p.s. quick question, are the list of colours I use at the bottom any use to anyone or are you fed up with me doing them yet lol ???

distress ink colours used
skin - antique linen, frayed burlap, tattered rose
hair - antique linen
dress and boots - milled lavender
shading - pumice stone

36 comments:

Desire Fourie said...

Beautiful monochromatic creation.
Hugs
Desire

Marie-Louise said...

Beautiful card. Love the colour and the cute image.

Jackie said...

Lovely card and colours. Sorry to tell you we have lovely sunshine at the moment, albeit cold :o)
Jackie xx

Unknown said...

superb card..really lovely colours shes so cute hugs sassyx

Squirrel x said...

Gorgeous hun! Adorable image and so perfectly paper pieced. The papers and colours are fab. Hope you get the specs sorted. Colour list very useful! Hugs Sxx

debby4000 said...

Oh this is so beautiful and so cute too.
luv
Debby

cheryl said...

oh this is just so cute Hun,love the way you have done those letters,and such beautiful colours too,hugs Cherylxxxxxx

My'scardcorner said...

Just lovely Mina I love the colours.Good luck with the specs I had to go and get mine sorted as Id lost a screw lol the young girl ended up fitting a new arm so they are as good as new now.
Myrax

Sue said...

Morning Mina,we got a windy rainy hail stone day too yesterday.Brrr.
Gorgeous card,I do love these colours and she is just so cute.Good luck with your glasses.
Sue x

arjette said...

Beautiful card Mina!!! What a cute image!!

gr. arjette.

Mau xx said...

This is adorable Mina,love the image and colour.I love Mo's images too they are so sweet xx
Hugs Mau xx hubby is safely out of the wheelie bin :)

love the colour list xx

Lisa Jane said...

oh this is a fun card - i just love her paper pieced coat and the cute letters
Lisa x

Jessica said...

What a cute card!! Well over here (Sweden)spring forgot it was here, so we had a snowstorm yesterday...

Hugs Jessica x

Tammy said...

Adorable! Love, love the polkadots and the letter blocks! Super card.

CRAZYCRAFTSHED said...

Gorgeous card Mina ,fabulous colour
Hugs Dianne xx :)

Irene said...

Gorgeous card with cute image Mina!
Good luck with the specs (it's about time you tackle that LOL!!)
Yesterday we had your weather and it was soooooooo cold but today it's only sunshine..I'll blow it your way!!!

Hugs, Irene

Whimcees said...

Hello!

I love this card - the colors are so beautiful! Congratulations on being published - your creations are stunning! Wishing you a happy day.

Hugs,

Barbara Diane

Carla S. said...

Wonderful card, Mina! Love the mono purple and the adorable image! Terrific coloring and paper-piecing! Personally, I like seeing the colors you've used, but hate for you to go to any extra trouble.

heidy said...

Oh what a gorgeous card Mina,love the colours!
XXX Heidy

Christine L said...

Gorgeous Mina.... and keep on putting the colours please... I am just about to learn to colour with DI's!!

Hugs
Christine x

Lau W said...

Love your choice of colors, letters are superb ! so cute details !
xxx

coops said...

so stunning mina.really gorgeous lilac colours and design and i love the image :D

xx coops xx

nnalorac said...

Gorgeous sweet card Mina, love the image. Bonny day been here, apart from being chilly. Carolxx

Anonymous said...

Delightful card, love the colours
Hugs Julie P

Hanneke said...

Such a cute card! Love all of the purple! The paperpiecing looks great! Hugs, Hanneke

CraftyC said...

How sweet Mina, love the paper piecing and fab colours
Clairex

Jude said...

Cute card. I am trying to get to grips with using Distress Stains to colour images and I find the list really handy.

Hugs
Judex

Rufus said...

I like the list, very handy. Another winner of a card! Love the paper pieced bits. Hope you get the specs fixed, not much more frustrating!
R/

Cheryl said...

Hi Mina, Gorgeous card, love all the purples , very groovy lol. I don't use distress inks to colour, so I don't look at them, but I am sure others do! I hope you have a great weekend.
Hugs Cheryl

June Nelson said...

Fantastic Mina love the monochrome look, have a good day darlin xxxx

Paola ♥ said...

Beautiful creation!
Lovely colours and a very cute image.

Hugs
Paola ♥

Jacqueline (Sjakkie) said...

Wow, what a cute card, great colours and a pretty image!
Hugs Jacqueline

Juls said...

really sweet card!!! Hugs Juls

Gaynor Greaves said...

What a Beautiful card, I love the colours you have used and the image is adorable, just gorgeous, thanks for joining this week at MMCS challenge, hope to see you again, Gaynor :) xx

Grenouille Greetings said...

Ditto! Love the lettering too, Mina! Hugs, Lesley

Andrea C said...

Loving the sentiment around the side, very lovely card x

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...