Thursday, March 01, 2012

Tall enough to be continued...

Good morning everyone, I'm feeling loads better today, I decided to give myself a shake, take some tablets and have a little play yesterday so I was sorting out some buttons and took my two tablets...little sort more then looked at my desk and there was a tablet...yep you guessed it, I took one tablet and one button lol...its not the first time I have done something like this and nearly swallowed a charm one day, see what crafting does for you, distracting or what and so strange but I spent loads of time wondering what colour button it was lol...my card for today is for our new challenge at Colour Create challenge and this time I'm the host, if you remember a few weeks back I made a yellow card and I loved the colour so much it inspired my choice of YELLOW, GREY, BLACK & WHITE and my added extra option is flowers, I hope your all going to join in, I cant wait to see what you come up with, I am totally gobsmacked at what our team made and they really seemed to like the colours, I hope you do to. I used the fantastic Introducing Oskar from Mo's Digital Pencil, isn't he fantastic and as soon as I saw him I knew what the sentiment would be, my Mum used to say this all the time when she saw a tall man...I coloured him with distress inks and the gorgeous yellow paper is a double sided scrap so I haven't a clue which make it is, so if one of you know leave me a comment telling me please...I printed the sentiment and added a few punched flowers and finished with some buttons...oooohhhh ssssshhhhh don't mention buttons lol...the fab sketch is from Papertake Weekly challenge and I'm also entering it for the Creative Card Crew challenge and Sweet Stampin challenge...I'm off to get some crafting done now and will be back a little later to show you a new toy I have so keep an eye out for it...whatever your up to today have a brilliant sunny yellow one
Mina xxx
distress ink colours used
skin - antique linen, frayed burlap, tattered rose
trousers and hair - pumice stone
shoes - scattered straw

38 comments:

Chrissy said...

Fabulous image Mina, and love,love,love, yellow..and swallowing a button,well no wonder you are feelng better, it was probably yellow..lol..

Luv CHRISSYxx

Lisa Lynn said...

Mina, wonderful coloring (as usual) and love the color regimen you came up with. Gorgeous card!

heidy said...

Wow fab card Mina,glad your feeling a bit better today!
XXX Heidy

ribenaruby said...

Oh Mina, I'm misplacing things all the time but swallowing a button 'no', so glad you feel better for it!!! Your yellow card is wonderful so fresh and springlike. Ruby x

Diane said...

'Morning, Mina- sorry it's been so long since I visited you - I've been a very bad blogger!
I've just been scrolling down and catching up with all your gorgeous work. I love this card too and the fabulous image from Mo! I'm glad you're feeling better- I've had a similar bug myself.
Keep up the stunning work and good luck with the Graphic 45 call!
Diane x

Squirrel x said...

So that's where I've gone wrong - I should have taken buttons instead of paracetamol! I was going to say let us know what colour it was but I've rethought that idea. Gorgeous card hun, the colours are delightful and I just adore how you use Mo's images. Hugs Sxx

My'scardcorner said...

LOL Well I think I better try a button too lol glad youare feeling better Mina and love this card and like the button touch on the flowers too.
Myrax

Adriana said...

Good to read you are feeling better... Love the way you colored this image. I wonder the trousers really looks white!

Sue said...

Mina you make me laugh,glad you are feeling better.Fabulous card,love the colours.
Hugs Sue xx

Tammy said...

No doubt the button is the cure! OMGoodness, I love your card, absolutely gorgeous colors and coloring! Awesome color combo.

D K Crafts said...

Hi Mina. Great card. Love the fab image and the colours are gorgeous. Donna

Crafty Loops said...

Oh my word Mina, you are so funny. I hope it wasnt a button that you were hoarding for a really special project!! Cause its a goner Im afraid. Heehee, this post has me in stitches. I love this card, the colours are beautiful and spring like and the image reminds me of my Granda!! Lee x

Lorraine said...

Fab image & coloring and love the color combo! Glad you are feeling better - but don't take any more buttons, lol!

Sandy said...

Chuckle, chuckle, chuckle wonderful!!
Sandy

Lisa Jane said...

oh the colours look fabulous - and i love that image
Lisa x

Carla S. said...

Glad you are feeling better, Mina! Loving this fun image and you've colored him perfectly! The papers are a great match, too! Have a good day!

Sabrina said...

Love this card Mina!! I chuckled about the pill, because I did something similar today...I have to take my pills in a certain order and if I don't then the schedule for taking them changes messing up my day. This morning I took the wrong pills first! I've not done that in years! lol Have a good day. :)

Linda said...

Absolutely gorgeous card here. And such a cute image. It´s really beautiful and you´ve as always colored it sooooo gorgeous. I love how it turned out.
Hugs, Linda

Lau W said...

Funny you !!
Your card is superb, love the colouring, this image is cool !
xxx

Denise said...

Totally gorgeous card and fantastic colour combo.
Glad to hear the button has done the trick!!!
Hugs
Denise xx

CRAZYCRAFTSHED said...

Hi Mina
A fabulous card love the colour's and great image
Hugs Dianne xx :)

arjette said...

Fabulous card Mina, what an awesome image!!!!

gr. arjette.

nessy said...

stunning card mina ~ love the image!!!
ooh hope that button finds it way out soon!!!!!!!
vanessa xx

Jeni said...

Wonderful card Mina! Love the yellow & grey and Mo's new handsome fella. ~jeni :)

nnalorac said...

Went on a total ramble and forgot to mention your card. Super man card, fab image and colouring. Carolxx

Kim said...

Very cute card. Your story is funny though! That is something I would do. Thanks for joining us at sweet stampin this week.

Sharon said...

Love this image Mina and he works really well with these colours too!
Great card :)

Sharon x

Pretty Paper Junkie said...

You are too funny and so talented. Love your tall card.

Cheryl said...

OMG Mina , get a hold of yourself, swallowing buttons ? I was laughing so much I could hardly read the rest of the post! Your card is gorgeous as always, take care.
Hugs Cheryl

Turtle In The Sand said...

I, too am loving yellow and grey combo. It began with a Authentique paper pad I bought in the fall. Yours is exquisite. Lovin that tall fellow. He would fit in perfect with my DD family. The sentiment is perfect.

Gotta watch those charms, pretty little buggers, but not so tasty.

Unknown said...

What a gorgeous card, I love those colours and the beautiful image. Thank you for joining us at Sweet Stampin this week and good luck xx

Fiona said...

wow Mina..this is fabulous!! Wish I had seen this before I made my dad his birthday card.

Thanks for joining us at Sweet Stampin this week.

fi
x

Mau xx said...

ROFL..Mina you are a nutcase!!! lol
You will know soon enough what colour it was..then again maybe you won't able to tell :O I am rolling around here with laughing, I can't believe what you get up to somedays, you are a real tonic. xxxxx
oops Love the card, what a fab image xx

Tindaloo said...

how cool image! love your card :)

Kjersti said...

A lovely card Mina! Love how you have colored the image - and the great sentiment:)
Hugs Kjersti:)

Julie said...

He is fabulous, Mina - isn't he so full of character!! Love the colour combo this fortnight and gorgeous here too!! Great sentiment as well!! Hugs, Juliexx

Caroline said...

Fantastic card!!! Love the sentiment and these colours look great. Thanks for joining in our Humour theme this fortnight at the Creative Card Crew.

Caroine x

Andrea C said...

Fantastic card and great lamp xx

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...