Monday, July 09, 2012

invitation burnout...

Good morning everyone, did you all have a brilliant weekend...well did the hex work...it certainly didn't work here it rained, it was cold and dull and very very grey...it was so cold we put the heating on, in July would you believe we needed the heating, that's a shocker isn't it...I spent most of yesterday designing inserts, fronts, cutting and measuring and still dont seem to be much further ahead with the invitations...oh well back to it today I guess, someone needs to rescue me from the invitation burnout I think lol...right now onto my card for today which is for our new Swirls and Lace challenge over at Bunny Zoe's Crafts challenge...hasn't this fairy got the sassiest look on her face lol...shes Kraftin' Kimmie - Tinkerbell and I coloured her with distress inks and glittered her wings up, now I just had too didn't I. I teamed her up with these amazing papers from the Prima 6x6" Paper Pad - Doodle Deux, when you first see this pad you think its really bright and colourful but its so lush, fantastic designs and I'm loving it...for the swirls I wasn't sure what to use until I remembered the Kaisercraft Clear Stamps - Tigerlilly set, the swirls and leave stamp on there was perfect for it I think so I stamped them in black, I finished with some lace and a red satin ribbon and bow...the fab sketch is from the Charisma Cardz challenge but I swapped the shapes across so they didn't hide the pattern so I hope its still ok, I'm also entering it for the Ribbon Girl Blog challenge and the Lets Ink it Up challenge too...right I'm off to chain myself to my craft table to get at least most of the invitations finished today...wish me luck...whatever your up to today have a fabulous one and when you have time pop on over to Bunny Zoe's Crafts blog to see what the rest of our fab team made
Mina xxx

distress ink colours used
skin - antique linen, frayed burlap, tattered rose
hair - pumice stone
clothes - stormy sky, barn door
shoes and hair ornament - shabby shutters, barn door
eyes - peeled paint

24 comments:

June Nelson said...

Its just stunning me darlin and look at those beautiful wings!!!! love the paper too , the hex worked yeterday and I had great faith for today, but alas arghhhh its pouring and dark ugh have a good day hunnie xxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Craftin Suzie (Susan Wykes) said...

Your hex worked for me yesterday in Blackpool - no rain til late on! Love your card Mina her wings are so pretty and that paper is fab! Good luck with the wedding stationery xx

Sue said...

We need something Mina,a stronger hex please.
Your card is beutiful,I love the paper and image.
Have a lovely day.
Hugs Sue xx

Squirrel x said...

Beautiful hun, love it Hugs, Sxx

Chrissy said...

She is a sassy wee thing, and just beautiful Mina, gorgeous papers and colouring..

Luv CHRISSYxx

Sue said...

Gorgeous card Mina, such a fab image and I love those papers

Sue

Anonymous said...

Good luck with the invitations!

tilly said...

that lace is so pretty, and love the little swirls, the papers are just right for a little fairy, now get busy! lol
Tilly

Unknown said...

Morning.... beautiful card great layout and fab colours! Jo xxxx

Tammy said...

Goodness, heat in July! Maybe in January you'll have hot! Lovely card, very pretty paper and I love the ribbon and lace!

rachel said...

what a fabulous tinkerbell - she looks very mischieveous - brilliant card - love those wings xx

Grenouille Greetings said...

I'm wondering if she is thinking "does my bum look big in this?" and we can tell her she looks just lovely with her fab bright papers. The weather is beyond miserable here too, Mina and has been since March pretty much! Nothing to be done about it - we just have to batton down the hatches and play with our toys! Hugs, Lesley
ps- I do hope we are going to get to see those invitations once they have gone out to the recipents!

Kara Lynne said...

Tink looks wonderful the way you colored her and that paper has so much character, just like Tinkerbell!

Sonia said...

Wonderful card:)Beautiful image and papers:)
Well done Mina:)
Hugs,
Sonia

Unknown said...

Love your card, Mina... those papers are gorgeous!
Hugs
Kim
x

Unknown said...

what a gorgeous card love the colours and all the little touches that make this a special card love the papers and that ribbon is lush.....and a big thanks for all your help hunnie i think im getting there..thanks to you hugs sassyx

Nikki Fairbairn said...

Tink looks fabulous Mina and I love her glittered wings... wow I love those papers also. Have a lovely week, Hugs, Nikki x

coops said...

so gorgeous mina.i love the fab image and really lush papers :D

xx coops xx

mags said...

Lovely card Mina. The image is gorgeous and love the papers. Hope you get your invites done.
Mags
x

Janette said...

Fab card Mina, love thos papers...of course....

Oh summer is a wash out so far and colder this week we have been informed...good job we have a sense of humour...lol...
I admire you doing those invites, I would go brain dead in no time, can't stand doing the same thing over and over...well done, can't wait to see them.xx

crafty-stamper said...

what a gorgeous image, glorious wings and I adore those papers a great card-goo luck with the invites
carol x

ChrisAndCat said...

What a fab card!

Kelly said...

Gorgeous!! Thank you for playing along at Charisma Cardz this week x

Cat's sCrap said...

Hi Nina,

What a fabulous card ! I like your design. Very original ! Bravo !

Thanks for joining us at Charisma Cardz this week.

Hugs from France.
Catherine.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...