Wednesday, September 26, 2012

sepia?...

Good morning everyone, hows your week been, anything exciting?...I was looking through some photos the other day and I remembered my Dad has a block and white photo of my Mum was she was in her early 20's, of course it has sepia tones now but it is an amazing photo and my Mum looks so beautiful in it, I must get a copy of it...apparently when my Mum was that age of course it was the fifties and she had a waspish figure with a 19inch waist would you believe how amazing is that...well at least I have a 19inch thigh so similar lol...anyway the reason for that little story is I tried to recreate the same look with this stunning digi from Crafts and Me...its called Reading Time and is by the super talented Hannah Lynn...hhhmmmm I'm not sure I managed it though what do you think?...I coloured these with distress inks and used some lush paper from Graphic 45's Tropical Travelogue collection called Tiki Voyager...I love love love Graphic45 just in case you hadn't noticed lol...I finished my card with a lush sparkly bow, some gorgeous pins and a few pearls scattered about...well that's me for today, I hope I'm still lying about around the pool atm and Phil has the sense to flip me over now and again, mind he may need a big fish slice lol...whatever your up to today have a fantastic one
Mina xxx

distress ink colours used
skin - antique linen, frayed burlap, tattered rose
everything else is a mix of antique linen and frayed burlap

16 comments:

Marianne's Craftroom said...

Love the soft colours. Hope you are having a great hol.

Maris said...

ohhh woowww great this is Mina

CRAZYCRAFTSHED said...

Gorgeous and beautiful Mina
Hugs Dianne xx :)

Jackie said...

Wonderful monochrome card, so beautiful. It's impossible to create the wonderful sepia tones of yesteryear but it is a lovely attempt :o)
Jackie xx

Anonymous said...

Beautiful card Mina!

Sheilagh said...

Such a beautiful image I love it and your colours simply compliment it, a fab card it's lovey x
Sheilagh : )

Adriana said...

Wow, great look did you created! Love it.

Mojca said...

Waw amazing effect. Love the image too, so pretty. Hugs! Mojca

Nannieflash said...

Hi Mina, yes I have the same problem with my waist, it was only a 19 inch to when I was younger and Im not going to say what it is now.
A stunning card and I love that image and those gorgeous papers. hugs Shirleyxxxxx

rachel said...

beautiful card Mina - love the haircolour choice - fabulous! Hugs rachel xx

Teri said...

Beautiful card hun, but the image is not a Hannah Lynn one, sorry about that!
xx

coops said...

so stunning mina.such a beautiful image and i love your sepia colours, so pretty :D

xx coops xx

Lady E said...

Beautiful card! Gorgeous image and my favourite colours!
Hugs Lady E

Carla S. said...

This is stunning, Mina! I love the papers and the sepia-toned image! Glad you are enjoying your holiday!

Anne said...

oh Mina this is fab!!! Love how it turned out
Anne x

Teresa said...

Beautiful card Mina, I just love the colour tones that you have matched.
I hope you have had a good rest on your hols.
Teresa x

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...