Sunday, October 28, 2012

be careful what you ask for...


Good morning everyone, did you have a fabulous day yesterday?...anything exciting, go on tell us all and make us jealous lol...we went out for lunch and a little teeny bit of shopping, I didn't find any curtains, well that's not kinda true I narrowed it down to four...oh no wheres another woman when you need one lol...we went into a little shop in town to get some stuff to feed the wild birds, there's hundreds here and I love watching them so what better way than to feed them...I know it sounds kinda bad but the best things to feed them in winter are Fat Balls which is a mix of fruit, seeds and fat that they need for the winter...but when I went into the shop I couldn't find them but there was no way I was going to ask a male assistant if he had any fat balls lol...so I sent Phil instead, he came back knowing where they were and after a min or two I asked him did you really ask him where they were, no he says I asked where the wild bird food was as they are beside them...now why the hell didn't I think of that duh lol...right now onto my card for today which is using this stunning Crafts and Me Hannah Lynn digi called Summers Day, shes stunning but makes me feel cold looking at her she needs a fleece and some woolly socks on I think lol...I used my usual distress inks to colour her and a stunning Bo Bunny paper called Smoochable Huggable...lush colours aren't they...I finished with a pink gingham bow and some hearts cut from the paper...I'm entering this for the Card Crafter's Circle challenge and the Clearly Inspired challenge too...we haven't anything planned for today except I'm going to make some chicken and vegetable soup for all the family to enjoy on Monday, its one of their favourites and goes really well with crusty bread for a winter dinner...so I will be up to my elbow in vegetables...whatever your up to today have a great warm toasty day
Mina xxx

distress ink colours used
skin - antique linen, frayed burlap, tattered rose
hair - antique linen
eyes - shabby shutters
lips -worn lipstick
outfit - shabby shutters, scattered straw, worn lipstick
horizon - ripe persimmon
tail - shabby shutters

20 comments:

Caroline said...

Beautiful as always Mina image coloured beautifully and the layout and colours used are gorgeous. Caroline xxx

scrappymo! said...

Lovely card...Hope you find your curtains...I know what it is like to search....I am trying to find a big 8 x 10 rug and pillow to go with for my front room.
I've been looking off and on for about 3 months!

Sinikka said...

Funny that you talked about curtains. I got mine yesterday and in one was a little mistake....so I can go back today and wait again 3 weeks :-(
Sweet card Mina.
Today I will be doing some crafting and making Lasagne.
Hugs Sinikka

ellyscard creatief said...

Nice card.
Gr Elly, Roemenie

rachel said...

beautiful card Mina - love that image! Hugs rachel xx

Irene said...

WHAHA it's just like asking the waiter if he has frogglegs lol!!!!
We make these fatballs our selves....fill a plastic cup with animal/vegetable fat, lots of good stuff mixed through, piece of rope in the middle and let it get hard...remove the cup and the birds have a feast!!!
Lovely card Mina, cozy warm colours!!

xx Irene

My'scardcorner said...

Lovely card Mina.
Myrax

Riet said...

What a gorgeous card Mina.

Liefs Riet.xx

tilly said...

a beautiful card, hope you find your curtains soon, really cold here now
Tilly

Jackie said...

A beautiful selection of cards since my last visit :o)
Jackie xx

Sue said...

Gorgeous card, I love the image

Sue

Mojca said...

Hahaha you really made me laugh wit the Fat Balls story :))))) I love your card, the image is so gorgeously colored. Hugs! Mojca

Jessie said...

Lovely card Mina!

Jayne A said...

Fabulous card.
Hugs
Jayne

karalschuknecht said...

She is so pretty and of course you have her colored perfectly!

coops said...

so stunning mina.i really love this beautiful image and your colours are gorgeous :D

xx coops xx

Carla S. said...

Oh, this is gorgeous, Mina! Love the colors and the beautiful image! Wonderful coloring! Glad you are honing in on your curtains!

Trish and Treasure said...

Hi Mina,
Thanks for playing in our Challenge this week at Card Crafters Circle. Love all your layers.
Hugs Trish

Turtle In The Sand said...

Fat balls, you are hilarious. We call that suet here in South Carolina. Love the story, I am still smiling.

zub momi said...

very pretty! I'm a fan of yor coloring :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...