Friday, March 22, 2013

daft as a brush...


Good morning everyone have you ever had one of those weeks when everything you do just makes you feel dafter and dafter?...I'm having one of those, first there was the blue streak at the doctors, then we were going to the chiropodist for my Dads appointment on Wednesday and neither of us could remember if the appointment was for 2.50pm or 3.10pm so I rang to check only to be told it was in fact for 2.50pm....on Tuesday...well duh how daft is that...then I got the dinner ready on Thursday settled down to catch up with some emails and an hour later was sitting wondering why no smell...I forgot to put it in the oven didnt I...I think there's weeks when you really shouldn't get out of bed don't you and they should definitely be forgotten lol...right now onto my card for today which is using one of the new Little Easter collection from Magnolia...this is the cute Happy Easter Tilda...I'm sorry though shes out of stock atm but there are some of the others from the same collection available...I coloured Tilda with distress inks and used some of the lush papers from the My Mind's Eye - Oliver 6x6 Pad...I love this pad and only have a couple of sheets left in it...I will be sad when its all used...I finished with a big ruffled satin ribbon bow and a few scattered butterflies from the Prima Butterflies - Divine pack, they are so cute with their gem centres aren't they...everything except the ribbon is from Bunny Zoe's Crafts...the fab sketch I used is from the Try Stampin' On Tuesday Challenge, I'm also entering it for the Simon Says Stamp Challenge and the Stamp & Create with Magnolia Challenge too...its Ears day today...yes the day is here at long last to go get my lovely Dads hearing aids fitted...I cant wait I'm ssssoooooo excited and if I'm like this my Dad must be whooping with joy although you wouldn't think so he was kinda chilled out at the supermarket yesterday...but then men don't get as excited about things as we do, do they...I will let you know how he gets on tomorrow and don't worry I have double checked his appointment card for date and time lol...whatever your up to today I hope your doing something as exciting as us
Mina xxx

distress ink colours used
skin - antique linen, frayed burlap, tattered rose, spun sugar
hair - antique linen, frayed burlap
outfit - stormy sky, scattered straw, antique linen
shading - pumice stone

18 comments:

Anne said...

Mina it could've been worse, the dinner could have been burned lol
Smashing card sweetie
Anne x

mags said...

A lovely card Mina. Love how you have done the bow and super image. Hope your Dad gets on okay.
Mags
x

rachel said...

oh Mina - you do make me smile! Yes we all have days/weeks like that! Love your card too - such a gorgeous image xx

My'scardcorner said...

Such a cute card Mina and love how youve put the butterfly on th ribbon.
Hope all goes well for your Dad
its so easy when youve alot of appointments to keep.
Myrax

Mojca said...

oh such aa positive card and Tilda is just spiffing. Have a lovely weekend. Hugs! Mojca

KandA said...

Such a super card Mina. Fabulous bow and butterflies xx

Dianne said...

Well she looks like she is flying with those butterfly to cute and colored beautifully,it has been a bit of a weird week for you but I've done the same, usually I'm creating, then I smell burning OH BOY, thanks goodness I live alone adn only burn the meal for me LOL. hoping today goes AOKAY,,,,, have a good one

Mynn xx said...

This is absolutely darling! I LOVE the movement in the image, the butterflies, and the bow! Gorgeous! Thanks for joining us at TSOT! :)

Turtle In The Sand said...

This is so sweet, love those butterflies.

Snoopy said...

Oh, Mina! I think we've all had days like that. You're not daft, you're just one of the girls.

Love your card!

Hugs,
Snoopy :D

Dotty Jo said...

Simply stunning! Jo x

Riet said...

What a beautiful card.

Hugs Riet.xx

Lorraine A said...

Gorgeous card Mina :-) Tilda is lovely and I love the colours and how you did the ribbon ,, very pretty :-)

thanks for joining us on the Simon Says Stamp Challenge
luv
Lols x x x

coops said...

gorgeous card mina.really pretty tilda and i love your colours and butterflies :D

xx coops xx

Grenouille Greetings said...

You're okay now though Mina because those "senior moments" seem to come in threes and you've had those. And they haven't prevented you from making a beautiful card. Love the yellow! Beautiful! Hugs, Lesley

Renee B. said...

Mina, you never fail to give me a giggle! Beautiful card!
Hugs, Renee

Paula Reid said...

What a week you've had - but it did make me smile. Love the movement in this image - it's great. Thanks for playing along at TSOT.

Heather said...

Hi Mina, hope you is well!!! Your card is gorgeous, I love the subtle colours, Tilda is adorable and stunning details!!

hugs
Heather xx
Thanks so much for joining us with Simon Says Stamp challenge

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...