Saturday, March 09, 2013

just a few flowers...


Good morning everyone are you doing anything exciting today?...my lovely Sister and her wonderful family are coming for a visit with my Dad to help celebrate his Birthday...I cant wait to see them, we don't see each other as often as we should do, things always seem to get in the way don't they...the appointment at the audiologists went excellent yesterday and as expected her charmed her to bits...he has lost a lot of top and bottom range from his hearing and needs two hearing aids...but good thing is they will make life so much easier for him and they are tiny so very discreet which is what he wanted and even better they will be fitted in two weeks time how excellent is that...I cant wait to see his face when he can hear again...brilliant start to his Birthday celebrations isn't it...right now onto my card for today which is using another of the fabulous Janey's Digi Designs, this is the beautiful Freesia image...these are my all time favourite flowers I love the smell of them and they are like an instant smile for me too...I coloured them very softly with my distress inks and teamed them up with some loose sheets from one of my Prima pads I bought from Bunny Zoe's Crafts (there's a store wide sale on at Bunny Zoe's atm, 10% off so click on the link at the bottom to go straight there)...in fact they might be from two of them as there is always a few loose sheets in my pad drawers...I finished with some ribbon and a lush black satin bow...I haven't a clue where the fab sketch is from but if one of you know then let me know so I can credit them with it...I am entering this for the Crafting for all Seasons Challenge, Fussy & Fancy Friday Challenge and the Ribbon Girl challenge too...I'm off to get the old war paint on to head out for lunch with Phil, then an eye appointment for my Dad and then the arrival of my Sister...oooohhhhhh a busy day ahead I think lol...whatever your up to today I hope its a brilliant one for you all
Mina xxx

distress ink colours used
spun sugar, shabby shutters, scattered straw, crushed olive
image edged with antique linen

here's the link for the fab sale at

12 comments:

Mojca said...

waw the card is just gorgeous!!!! have a lovely celebration today and happy birthday to your dad! hugs! Mojca

Marianne said...

Freesias are my favourite flower, too. When I was a student, I would buy them quite often in yellow or cream, since they were quite cheap, they lasted long, took up little space and smelled wonderful. I also had them in my bridal bouquet almost 12 years ago, but this time they were of a deep fuchsia pink shade.
Have a wonderful weekend & celebration.

KandA said...

Beautiful card Mina. I love freesias, they look so delicate and have a wonderful smell. I would always buy them for my Mom on mother's day as she loved them too xx

Tammy said...

Beautiful, beautiful card Mina! Love the gorgeous background paper you used.

Turtle In The Sand said...

Beautiful floal Mina. Janey's flowers are so pretty. Happy Birthday to your Dad.

Renee B. said...

Beautiful card Mina! Have a wonderful time celebrating your Dad's birthday! Give him a birthday hug from Canada.
Hugs, Renee

Shazza said...

lovely card Mina,hope you have had a lovely day x

coops said...

so stunning mina.beautiful flowers and design :D

xx coops xx

Jane said...

'Freesia jolly good fellow'....sorry couldn't resist...lol!
Beautiful Mina xx

Nathalie said...

So cute card. I love papers. Thanks for playing with us at Fuusy & Fancy challenge.
Nathalie

Dawn said...

Such a pretty card!
Thanks so much for playing in the Crafting For All Seasons Spring Into Spring Challenge!
Good Luck
Hugs
Dawn xx

Carol said...

This is so pretty Mina. Thanks for joining us at CFAS this time. Carol DT x

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...