Thursday, August 29, 2013

what do you think?...


Good morning everyone how are you all?...whats the weather like where you are, its definitely turning autumnal here...the nights are getting shorter and there is less and less sun and more rain...hang on isn't that summer lol...isn't it sods law that we have waited and waited and waited for our tomato's and roses to come to full bloom and its looking like it will be next week while we are away...there will be nobody about to prune and pick so we are hoping they will last for a week and still be blooming when we get home...my lovely Dad went to the doctors yesterday and his chest infection has cleared up, phew we thought for a few days we might have to cancel but its all steam ahead, well it would be if I could get my finger out and sort out my clothes...I think its harder to pack for somewhere like Ireland don't you, I mean if your going somewhere like the Med or Caribbean then you know what to pack but being somewhere like Ireland we have to take almost three lots of clothes...you need the t shirts etc but then you need sweaters and cardigans and you need something cosy and warm for the evening...and of course not forgetting my fluffy socks in case of wooden floors...right now onto my card for today now I need your honest opinion please, don't be afraid of hurting my feelings you wont I really want to know your thoughts...I tried a little bit of an experiment and coloured this stunning digi from Aurora Wings Etsy Shop a lot darker than I usually would, do you think it works or is it too dark and I should stick to lighter, I must admit it felt a bit odd piling on the colour...isn't she stunningly beautiful, she is drawn by the ubber talented Mitzi Sato-Wiuff and is called Little Elf Kia...she is amazing to colour and I used my usual distress inks...I cut her out and teamed her up with these beautiful papers from the K & Co Julianne 6x6 papers I bought many moons ago at Bunny Zoe's Crafts, I don't think Nikki stocks K & Co anymore though...I finished with some of my favourite cream satin ribbon and roses cut from the same pad...the lush sketch is from the Sketch Saturday Challenge and I'm also entering it for the Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge and the Digistamps 4 Joy Challenge too...right now no more excuses Mina go sort out your clothes girl is what I have to keep repeating to myself today lol...oh but except for the coffee break with my lovely Dad of course...whatever your up to today I hope you have a brilliant one...I have a real fun image to show you tomorrow so will speak to you then
Mina xxx

distress ink colours used
skin - antique linen, frayed burlap, tattered rose, spun sugar
hair - frayed burlap
outfit - antique linen, stormy sky
grass and leaves - shabby shutter, peeled paint
ribbons - scattered straw
eyes - peeled paint
flower - victorian velvet, peeled paint

14 comments:

ellyscard creatief said...

Beautiful colored image and gorgeous card Mina.Love it
Gr Elly

Kelly Lloyd said...

I think the colour on this image is gorgeous. A lovely card as always.
Have a great holiday, hope the weather is kind to you
Hugs Kelly

Lynne in NI said...

Lovely card Mina!
Have a great holiday, don't forget to pack your raincoat too (if you've any room left LOL)

ginny c said...

I think this colouring is lovely, light or dark you are very talented,have a great holiday ginny x

KandA said...

Beautiful card Mina. Love thesuper image and the way you've added the cut out flowers xx

Claire said...

Really pretty card and love the detailed image. Hugs, Claire x

christi said...

the coloring for her is awesome. it so goes with the paper you chose. if you think it's too dark pretend she's your best friend who just came back from the islands and has a great tan! i think it's perfect. i was really blown away with how well it co-ordinated with the paper. and i keep looking at the embellies you cut out. how do you make them so close and natural? mine come out with points and flat spots. while your away thing about your homework ... doing a fussy cutting video for us. have a great time.

Gram's Treasures said...

Oh, I love your colouring on this one, Mina! I think the depth of colour is perfect.
Joyce xx

Mitzi Sato-Wiuff said...

Mina, you did a beautiful job of coloring this image. I don't think it's too dark at all. The overall look of your project is just beautiful. <3

mags said...

This is gorgeous Mina. I think the colour is just right.
Mags
x

KarinsArtScrap said...

Beautiful card Mina.
Thanks for join us at Digistamp4Joy.

Greetings karin DT member

Heather said...

Hi Mina - hope you're well!!!
A gorgeous card, such beautiful colours and papers, your lovely colouring of the sweet image is adorable and fabulous details!!!

hugs
Heather x
Thanks for joining us at Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge

coops said...

so gorgeous mina.i love your soft colours and the image is stunning ;D

xx coops xx

Turtle In The Sand said...

The darker shades work really well with this Mina. Very Very Pretty

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...