Sunday, September 01, 2013

oh no hes not yet is he...


Good morning everyone...did you all enjoy yesterday hope then...well we are off on our break and I'm sure the car was just as full as usual...including my Dad with his little goody bag Phil got for him with his bar of fruit and nut chocolate, pillow, blanket and his newspaper to keep him comfortable and busy while we are driving lol...I thought I would post this Christmas card today as the Sugar Nellie one was the first of many to come I'm sure...this stamp is a new High Hopes stamp called Motorin' By Santa...isn't it a cutie and if I have to start making Christmas cards this is a fab stamp to use don't you think...the sentiment is another high hopes stamp too called Coming to Town (sentiment)...I coloured Santa and his fab bike with distress inks and teamed him up with these gorgeous papers and sentiment tag from the Teresa Collins 6x6" Paper Pad - Far & Away...although the papers aren't for Christmas I think they work really well for him don't you...I finished with a knotted red bow...everything except the ribbon are from Bunny Zoe's Crafts...I'm going to give myself a complete break until Saturday to see if I can give my mojo a rest and hopefully reboot it...so its out with the two precious men in my life and restaurants, museums and gardens galore and lots of inspiration I hope...whatever your doing this week I hope you have fantastic fun and I will draw my candy winner as soon as I get back...I will update you all and have a chat on Saturday
Mina xxx

distress ink colours used
skin - antique linen, frayed burlap, tattered rose, spun sugar
outfit - pumice stone, barn door, fired brick
bike - iced spruce, barn door, shabby shutters
shading - pumice stone

16 comments:

Nananne said...

Well I suppose Santa has to move with the times! Stylish and cute card ,lovely colouring.

kbrandy4 said...

Ooh! I love this Mina, what a fab image!
Hugs, Hazel xx

Sammy said...

Teaming Santa with map paper is pure genius! love it!

Monique said...

What a pretty card Mina. I love it.

Hugs Monique

caroline said...

Another great card Mina, he is so. Cute. Great colouring as always
Caroline xx

Natasha said...

Great card sweetie. I just adore this wee santa... he kinda reminds me of my grandad, he 78, rides around on a 50cc scooter when hes nipping around town on his own and does the charity bike runs come easter and christmas and im sure you've guessed it but yes, he dresses up for the occassion too so it wont be long before he dons his red suit for this christmas lol. Hope you have a nice break away in the cottage. Hugs xNx

mags said...

A wonderful christmas card Mina. Have a good break away.
Mags
x

Squirrel x said...

So gorgeous hun, love the colours and design. Fabulous! Hugs Sxx

coops said...

so stunning mina.i love the gorgeous santa and your colours are fab :D

xx coops xx

Mojca said...

Wow Mina I love your Christmas card, such a cute image. Have a lovely break and enjoy, have some rest. Hugs! MOjca

Jo said...

Oh he's fab, love those papers too! Hope you have a lovely time!
hugs Jo x

Hanneke said...

What a cool card Mina! I love the image and the DP and that list is so cute! Hugs, Hanneke

Lynne in NI said...

Cool card, what a great idea to use a map DP so Santa knows where he's going!!

KandA said...

This is great Mina. Love the papers and fabulous image xx

Nannieflash said...

Fabulous Santa image, love your colouring and that card design is very clever. hugs Shirleyxxxx

Turtle In The Sand said...

Never thought about using map paper for a Christmas card, but it is perfect. Santa does have to travel all over the world after all!
Hope you enjoy your holiday with your 2 Best Men.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...