Tuesday, October 22, 2013

the real Santa...


Good morning everyone I hope your all well...are you getting the same weather we are?, its sopping wet here and hasn't stopped raining for at least 24 hours...everything is soaked through and It was coming down so hard we had rivers of rain running down our street yesterday evening...yucky weather...its still not cold yet and would you believe one of my roses is flowering again...roses at the end of October?, is that natural do you think...I had a really lazy day yesterday I hardly moved at all, in fact Phil thought I was sleeping when he came in I was so still lol...I feel a bit better for it today though thank goodness so just goes to show a duvet day every now and then does you the power of good...see I know it lol...today I'm off out with my Dad nothing too exciting just going baby clothes shopping, one of my Nieces is due to give birth in the next week and although I don't know what it will be I need to get something now so my Dad can take it with him when he flies over at the weekend, hes so excited for his first Great Grandchild's arrival...perfect excuse for buying something cute and gorgeous isn't it...right now onto my card for today...did you know that Santa shouldn't really be red suited...he was originally green or blue depending on which country you were in and the red Santa we all know and love is an invention of a well know soft drinks company (holidays are coming lol)...so I chose to colour this gorgeous Little Helpers digi from Sugar Nellie in green (well any excuse not to use too much of the dreaded red ink lol)...I used my distress inks for colouring and some stunning papers from the Teresa Collin's Designs Christmas Cottage 6x6 paper pad from my Christmas stash last year I bought from Bunny Zoe's Crafts, that's the good thing about traditionally coloured Christmas papers isn't it, they don't date and you can use them year after year...I added some ribbon's and ruffled bow, a tag sentiment cut from the same pad and of course couldn't resist throwing some buttons in lol...the fab sketch is from the Sketch N Stash Challenge and I'm also entering it for the Sketch Saturday Challenge, Allsorts Challenge and the C.R.A.F.T challenge too...I'm off to get some war paint on and believe me this week I need it before I head out...whatever your up to today I hope its a beautiful dry one for you
Mina xxx

distress ink colours used
skin - antique linen, frayed burlap, tattered rose, spin sugar
bunny's - antique linen, pumice stone, peeled paint, fired brick
Santa - green is a mix of shabby shutters & peeled paint
belt & boots - black soot
shading - pumice stone
bag - frayed burlap
gifts - pumice stone, antique linen, peeled paint, firedbrick
image edge distressed in Stormy sky

21 comments:

CRAZYCRAFTSHED said...

Gorgeous and beautiful card Mina love the image and fabulous colour's and paper's
Hugs Dianne xx :)

ellyscard creatief said...

Gorgeous card Mina.Love the colors and your bow.
Gr Elly

Janine - Ellabella said...

Ohhhhh what a sweet image... just tooo cute, love it!
You made a very wonderfull card creation with it

Gr Janine

Loz said...

Love Santa in green! gorgeous card Mina x

Sammy said...

Ah that's brilliant! Absolutely gorgeous card. And loved the little factoid regarding santa's suit. You learn something new every day! :-) x

Jane said...

What a fantastic image Mina - I love it.
I have my fingers crossed that the rain goes away very soon as we have a marquee that needs to be up by the weekend......
Hugs
Jane

Turtle In The Sand said...

No I did not know that about Santa's suit. The dear ole' guy looks delightful in green. It must be nice for him to have a change of color now and then.

Claire said...

Fabulous card Mina, love the image and fab detailing and colours. Hugs, Claire x

Mojca said...

Oh so very pretty, I love the colours and Santa looks great in green suit. hugs! MOjca

KandA said...

This is gorgous Mina. I love the Santa and he looks fabulous in green xx

carol said...

Super Christmas card,Beautiful image, just perfect for our Christmas challenge at CRAFT x carol

coops said...

so gorgeous mina.i love your jolly santa and stunning traditional design and colours :D

xx coops xx

Helena (Gvendalen) said...

What gorgeous card Mina! lovely colors and design. hugs, Helena

catherine said...

Fantastic card Mina and love your use of the ribbon and bow. Thanks for joining our challenge at Allsorts this week
x catherine

mags said...

A gorgeous card Mina. Super image and love the red and green colour combo.
Mags
x

Sarah said...

Hi Mina,
Another beautiful card - I love the green original colour of Santa - yet another image which is a must have lol.
I hope your rose survives to show its beauty - I have a few plants that are flowering for a second time too - the weather seems to be all over the place.
Hugs,
SarahSx

Shazza said...

really beautiful card Mina, love the green Santa x

Craftnut said...

Thanks for joining us at allsorts Tracy x

Vannessa said...

This is just so gorgeous and I've got to have that digi! It's fabulous and your colouring is great too. Thank you for joining in the Sketch Saturday Challenge this week.

Hugs, Vannessa
Sketch Saturday DT

Debs said...

Gorgeous card Mina - adorable Jolly Santa :o)
Love the ribbon detail.
Thanks for playing along at SnS this time - Good luck.
Debs xx

Wendy Nicola Jackson said...

Love this Mina! Santa looks fab in green!! North pole needs a memo! ;) Hugs, Wends x

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...