Sunday, December 22, 2013

Joy...


Good morning everyone I hope your all well and having fun this weekend...what you up too anything special...we went to see our beautiful Daughters choir she is in this weekend, they were singing carols and Christmas songs and wow I was mighty impressed, they are amazing...she joined a couple of months back and has so enjoyed practice and she looked in her element singing her heart out...it brought back a lot of wonderful memories as she was in choirs all through her school days and I went every Christmas to see them sing...I must admit I shed a few tears too...I know I'm a soppy sod lol...we had to nip to the supermarket yesterday as we ran out of tea bags and omg I think they were giving food away the huge car park was full to the brim and people were loading the hugest trolleys to the brim...we grabbed the tea bags and ran lol...right now onto my card for today which thankfully didn't have any arguments with any liquid lol...this is the stunning Winter Fairy Manty from who else but Mo's Digital Pencil...you just know Mo drew this look at that face and chubby little legs...I coloured him with distress inks and glittered him with Stickles Glitter Glue - Star Dust well there's wings and ice isn't there so who needs more excuse than that to use glitter...the amazingly lush papers are from the My Mind's Eye - All is Bright 6x6 paper pad and the banner I cut from another piece of the pad...I bought this last Christmas from Bunny Zoe's Crafts...the papers are so unusual aren't they and I love the way the sentiment is printed on it...I finished with a bow made from Organza Ribbon - White (25mm Wide), a button from my stash, another of my bargain frames and finished with a red rose from the Blossoms - Resin Flower Pansy...I made the sketch up around the paper design but I'm entering this for the 4 Crafty Girls Challenge, Crafty Calender Challenge and the A Creative Romance Challenge too...we are having a wrapping, baking and tv day today, well hopefully anyway that's the plan...whatever your up to today I hope you have some relaxing time in amongst all the mayhem
Mina xxx

distress ink colours used
skin - antique linen, frayed burlap, tattered rose, spun sugar
hair - pumice stone
outfit - tumbled glass, fired earth, peeled paint, shabby shutters
branches - shabby shutters, peeled paint

12 comments:

Desire Fourie said...

Such a delightful image and love the hint of vintage in the design.
Hugs
Desíre
{Doing Life – my personal blog}

Ret said...

Mina, this is just so cute. I do have a question tho...what type of glitter did you use on the headband? it looks dimensional, but also looks soft. You did such a beautiful job!!

debby4000 said...

Adorable, sweet card.
luv
Debby

Irene said...

Such a darling image and coloured soooooo beautiful as always, sweet card Mina!!
Happy X-Mas and very best wishes for 2014!!!!!

xx Irene

ellyscard creatief said...

Beautiful card Mina and so beautiful coloured as always.
Gr Elly

Sue said...

Beautiful paper and soo sweet image.Gorgeous colouring as ever Mina.
Have a good day x

Naomi Johnson said...

This is so lovely mina! I adore the papers.
Just to let you know I have Christmas candy on my blog and would love for you to join in the fun!
http://thelittlelandofme.blogspot.co.uk/2013/12/christmas-candy.html
Naomi x

Turtle In The Sand said...

Pure Joy Mina. I love it.

Ustvarjalni utrinki Tamara P. said...

Gorgeous card Mina
fantastic colouring
Merry Christmas
hugs Tamara

KandA said...

Adorable image and a beautiful card.
Wishing you a very merry christmas xx

mags said...

A really gorgeous card Mina. Hope you have a lovely christmas.
Mags
x

Phi said...

Beautiful card Mina. Love all the little vintage detail you added to the card.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...