Sunday, January 12, 2014

so very loved...


Good morning everyone hows your weekend going? did you have a good day yesterday, I hope you did...the ice was terrible here yesterday and I went onto the deck and nearly ended up on my tooshie a couple of times lol...we went out with my Dad for a coffee and a few shops to get today's lunch and would you believe I forgot all about going to the craft shop...I know shock horror eh, I'm sure that's breaking one of the crafter's commandments lol...I got a bit distracted in the Poundstore...I just cannot go into that shop and buy just one thing can you...£15 later and a couple of bags purchased the craft shop went completely out of my mind so dear me I will have to go during the week instead...my card for today is using this gorgeous little girlie cutie...I will give you three guesses who drew this beauty...yeah like you need three, shes from Mo's Digital Pencil and is called Trudy's Party Dress, shes a stunning dressing up doll and comes with a dress for you to design in whatever paper you want...I cut the top of the dress and just used the skirt this time, but I think it works great doesn't it with her little undershirt glittered instead of the dress top...I coloured her with my usual distress inks and teamed her up with some amazing papers from the lush Kaisercraft - Curiosity 6.5"x6.5" Paper Pad, I bought this from Bunny Zoe's Crafts...I love Kaisercraft pads don't you not only are the designs beautiful and perfect for cutting out but there is four pages of paper sentiment tags, embellishments and ribbons to use on your cards or pages too...the so very loved sentiment, rose button and skirt are all from the pad too...all I added to my card was three cute buttons from my stash...the lush sketch is from the Sweet Sketch Wednesday 2 Challenge and I'm also entering it for the Creative Moments Challenge and Digi Galore Challenge too...we are having the whole family over for lunch today so would need to get sorting veg and things out I think...I hope the roads aren't too slippy today as I worry about them all driving in this weather but then I guess its a Mums job to worry isn't it...whatever your up to today have a warm snug one
Mina xxx
  
distress ink colours used
skin - antique linen, frayed burlap, tattered rose, spun sugar
hair - antique linen
bows, belt and shoes - black soot
bag & gifts - antique linen, black soot, shabby shutters

22 comments:

Sammy said...

Oh she is fabulous Mina, and I adore her dress! and I think you're right, it works beautifully as just a skirt too!
Although I have to admit I am baffled about how it could be possible to forget the craft shop!? It's probably just me, but that's pretty much the only thing that goes through my mind! (And I've just realised... Technically the closest craft shop to my house is LOTV! This explains why I'm broke! lol) x

Dotty Jo said...

Another gorgeous card Mina! The ice is terrible here this morning too, Jo x

Mojca said...

oh she is so pretty and love her cute dress. well I hope you'll spend a lovely day with your family today. Hugs! Mojca

Nannieflash said...

Hi Mina, Happy New Year to you, sorry to hear you nearly hit the ground yesterday just be careful. I love what youve done with Mos image that paper piecing really does look fabulous. hugs Shirleyxxxxx

maddy hill said...

oh my how can you forget about the craft shop ! lol ... gorgeous card and i love the colour combos .. hope you had a great new year x maddy

KandA said...

Fabulous card Mina. Love the papers and of course the adorable image xx

Joanna M. said...

What a lovely job coloring! Her hair is amazing! Thanks for sharing this with us over at Sweet Sketch Wednesday 2.
~Jo, SSW-DT

sweetbloominscraps said...

Love that sweet Mo's image! and your paper is awesome too! Lovely job!
Hugs, Judi

Heide said...

Mina,
Always happy to see your lovely cards, Such beautiful work this week. Thanks for joining us.
Hugs, Heide SSW2-DT

Sally Dube said...

Oh how sweet she is!!! your coloring has brought her to life - beautiful card!!
So glad to have you play along with us at Sweet Sketch Wednesday 2!!
Blessings to you Mina!!
Sally SSW2

Jane said...

I love the paper piecing on Mo's image Mina - looks fab!

Linda Anderson said...

Awwwww, how simply precious. Adorable image and such fabulous papers. Thanks for joining us at Sweet Sketch Wednesday 2.

Linda

shampylou30 said...

Gorgeous card. Thanks for joining us at creative moments challenge xxx

Turtle In The Sand said...

Could this special creation be for your special daughter? Gorgeous papers here Mina and I do like the sequined top and paterned skirt too.

You had me going for a moment trying to figure out what they sold at a pound store. Then the light bulb came on ha ha We call them Dollar Stores here in the US. LOL.

Riet said...

So wonderful Mina.

Hugs Riet.xx

Stacey said...

sweet card - thanks for sharing with us at Digi Galore. x Stacey S x

Arlana 11426 said...

Oh I love your fun image and such sweet coloring. Have a sweet day! Arlana@SSW2

K8 said...

Ohh what a cutie, love your coloring!! Thank you from playing with us this time at Creative moments, hugs Kate DT

mulberry station said...

Love Mo's images and you have colored it up beautifully. Lovely combination of colors and papers! thanks for joining us.
Nancy SSW2

caroline said...

stunning as always
caroline x

Anonymous said...

Gorgeous card, thank you for joining us at Creative Moments this fortnight. xx

ribenaruby said...

This is beautiful Mina! Great post, It's our job to worry about our babies even when they're grown up. We mums can't help it. Best wishes. Ruby x

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...